Discuss Identify the breaker please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Octopus

Just had a call out - turned out to be this breaker...

Breaker.jpg

It reset OK - couldn't make out an details of it, on it - anyone help me to identfy it?

Also when looking at the board I noticed the MCB for the lights was upside down! Couldn't put it the right way up as the cover wouldn't go back on!

Breaker CU.jpg

Thanks

Never seen one but looks like a old type MCB 60a instead of a fuse. The breaker is probably not comparable with the board if its the right way round and needs changed to a comparable one. Or some idiot has just put it in wrong way.

He doesn't need another RCD as theres one in the CU and yes, if asked, I will take an MK breaker to replace the upside down one!

damn, didn't look at the main switch/RCD. have to sit at the front of the class and pay more attention.

damn, didn't look at the main switch/RCD. have to sit at the front of the class and pay more attention.

If I go back I'm planning to rip out the old VOELB and put in a nice new shiney isolation switch!

Do you wear glasses? time to get the old eyes tested??? lol

nowt wrong with the eyes mate, it's the grey lump behind them that's gone senile.

Reply to Identify the breaker please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I'm not an electrician. I clean cookers and today arrived to a rangemaster range cooker. Got started, and as part of my routine, I turn on ovens...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I needed to replace an MCB for an electric shower with a different rating, it's an older Loadstar consumer unit, and crabtree told me word...
Replies
Views
Woke up this morning and tried to turn on the computer (work from home) wouldn't power on, checked lights they worked fine. Went downstairs to...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
My kitchen has track lighting. It consists of three halogen light bulbs. I've had the fixture for more than 25 years with no issues. Last night...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock