Discuss Identify this wire from 1960 semi-detached house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

All I can smell from my sofa is the farmers spreading chicken sh*t on their fields, makes yer eyes water:tearsofjoy:
At the moment I can smell Chicken Jalfrezi, being prepared by my Good Lady Wife, mind you when you think about it Curry and Chicken Sh-t has a similarity, until you eat it that is.

Little known fact. Farmers also use human manure on fields but only if the product produced goes to animal feeds, in Northamptonshire they grow a lot of broad beans which go to animal feed and across the country you see sweet corn or maize grown which will also go to animal feed as the climate in this country does not really produce good edible sweet corn. So next time you are walking in the country be aware of what grows around you. So from a 1960s cable to human manure in 22 posts.

Little known fact. Farmers also use human manure on fields but only if the product produced goes to animal feeds, in Northamptonshire they grow a lot of broad beans which go to animal feed and across the country you see sweet corn or maize grown which will also go to animal feed as the climate in this country does not really produce good edible sweet corn. So next time you are walking in the country be aware of what grows around you. So from a 1960s cable to human manure in 22 posts.
I believe putting ze shiten on ze field is quite common in Germany as well.

At the moment I can smell Chicken Jalfrezi, being prepared by my Good Lady Wife, mind you when you think about it Curry and Chicken Sh-t has a similarity, until you eat it that is.
I've had a few Jalfrezis in my time Pete but I've not sampled Chicken ---- yet so I will take your word for it.

Continuing the fertiliser theme, whilst we wait for the OP to tell us what colour that cable is; my old mans passion, was growing his own vegetable produce. Can tell you nothing taste quite as nice as freshly dug/picked veg. He would take part in the local fruit & veg shows. His favourite was his tomatoes.

He would buy the ---- & straw from the next door pig farm, which had the occasional dead piglet in :(. Towards the end of his life, he experimented with processed human waste, which at the time you could purchase from the local water treatment works. Don't be concerned, the product came in almost dry form, and was grey in colour. Wasn't as good as the pig ---- mind.

I'm having curry for tea tonight. Not sure which model it will be, except it will be spicy hot, with lashings of ginger, but cooked by me. :mad:

Still think it's grey!

Just whilst on the manure topic, I recall a gardening show years ago, and the guy on it that day had some amazing produce.

He got a pile of sheep manure. Like pellets, put it into a hesian sack like a coal bag, and let it sit in a blue barrel of rain water and that's what he gave all his fruit and veg plants.

He won't heap of competitions for what he grew, if I recall correctly.

About five years ago my other half went to see the farmer down the road for some manure, no problem the old boy said I will drop a load round tomorrow. Next day we are coming back from a walk when in the distance we see a tractor with a rather large trailer of sh*te on it, before we could put two and two together and get there to stop him up went the trailer and out it came, the biggest pile you have ever seen.

About five years ago my other half went to see the farmer down the road for some manure, no problem the old boy said I will drop a load round tomorrow. Next day we are coming back from a walk when in the distance we see a tractor with a rather large trailer of sh*te on it, before we could put two and two together and get there to stop him up went the trailer and out it came, the biggest pile you have ever seen.

Yep that's how my old man had his pig ---- delivered, a steaming mass left on the drive way, till it was deposited around his garden!

On another point, I remember my Mum contributed to the annual flower/veg/fruit show, with homemade wine, cakes, puddings etc. She could cook an Xmas lunch for 20 relatives and numerous ankle bitters, on a modest stove and not resulting to tears.

We didn't have a freezer until the late sixties, so the veg was used as in season, with the exception of things like runner beans, which were preserved in salt in jars, and onions stored in the shed in her old tights (pre washed of course).

Ready meals, freezers, takeaways and meals out at restaurants, wasn't something that was consider back then. I do miss those times :(

Edit; Off to cook me chicken curry. Did you know that 'curry' is Indian for gravy?

I'm having curry for tea tonight. Not sure which model it will be, except it will be spicy hot, with lashings of ginger, but cooked by me. :mad:

Still think it's grey!
I always find you got to be careful with the ginger, too much and it can be overpowering? I assume you mean root ginger, in the paste? I love a nice lamb curry, neck fillet is best I reckon.
Do you think we will ever find out about this cable?

Just done ribeye steak cooked in Sichuan pepper and Chinese five spice then laid to rest on a bed of garlic, ginger and chilli with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on it. All mopped up with homemade chips!!!

I always find you got to be careful with the ginger, too much and it can be overpowering? I assume you mean root ginger, in the paste? I love a nice lamb curry, neck fillet is best I reckon.
Do you think we will ever find out about this cable?
Yes probably about 04:30 when someone is having a ring stinger after all that curry, it will come to them when the burning subsides,

Just done ribeye steak cooked in Sichuan pepper and Chinese five spice then laid to rest on a bed of garlic, ginger and chilli with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice on it. All mopped up with homemade chips!!!

Some folk seem to want to make others envious :)
I had stew with bread and butter for dinner and its not even winter yet, wives,no telling what they can come up with at times :(

That 'wire' is an old one connected into the upstairs lighting circuit and should be easy for a competent electrician to disconnect and remove safely. I had fish and chips for tea, lovely. :)

Reply to Identify this wire from 1960 semi-detached house in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net