Discuss If someone asks you to install one of these avoid if you can. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Dave OCD

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A hand made glass chandelier from Italy , cost unknown but not cheap. The customer brought this back from Bermuda in 3 cardboard boxes and we had to assemble then fit to the vaulted ceiling in a converted attic bedroom. I also had to find E12 Candle Lamps which nobody stocks. The picture doesn't really show the size and it must weigh 20kg+ . Had to use the size of ply shown to get decent fixings , a tricky job from start to finish. :)If someone asks you to install one of these avoid if you can. IMG_2140.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

Had to assemble it supported on a temporary hook in a beam Will as the arms are all glass and I was afraid to put any weight on them, one job I was very glad to finish. :)

If someone asks you to install one of these avoid if you can. IMG_4369.JPG - EletriciansForums.net Here is one I fitted recently. Fortunately they got a builder to reinforce the ceiling beforehand because it was a heavy thing and we could only get up there safely on a platform. It came from a well known shop in London that begins with an H and it cost over £1100.00!

How do you hide the ply then ? :D It's ok, the customer is going to paint both ply and cable, I still miss the nice white T&E .

Ply disc with routed moulded edge would have looked better then chased cable into ceiling, but that's easy to say after the deeds been done and you are not the one who's biggest concern is the fragility of the beast.

All well and good but the customer didn't want any digging out /mess [not to mention 'safe' zones] and a circular support would be impossible - not too clear on the picture but the ply spans the angle of the roofline.

A customer of mine moved into a new house and wanted the rooms fitted with fancy lights. Most of them required some assembly, but these were the worst. Took over an hour just hanging the loose bits.

If someone asks you to install one of these avoid if you can. IMG_5439 - Copy.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

You think that's bad, I helped install this chandelier, £150k! Must have been 15m long at least through 4 floors down to basement level. Hung from threaded rod studs cast into a concrete reinforced ceiling! This is in sir Robert Walpole house opposite the Ritz hotel in London.

All the crystals were hung one by one by hand., made by Swarovski.

If someone asks you to install one of these avoid if you can. IMG_0905.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

If someone asks you to install one of these avoid if you can. IMG_0906.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

If someone asks you to install one of these avoid if you can. IMG_0904.JPG - EletriciansForums.net

A customer of mine moved into a new house and wanted the rooms fitted with fancy lights. Most of them required some assembly, but these were the worst. Took over an hour just hanging the loose bits.

View attachment 38031
I'm glad you said that because I fitted 2 similar to this a while back and the customer moaned I was taking so long. Flipping wrapping and fidley bits!

done a few , not as fancy, but i usually insist that customer fits all the bling after i've fitted the basic light and gone out for a smoke.

You think that's bad, I helped install this chandelier, £150k! Must have been 15m long at least through 4 floors down to basement level. Hung from threaded rod studs cast into a concrete reinforced ceiling! This is in sir Robert Walpole house opposite the Ritz hotel in London.

All the crystals were hung one by one by hand., made by Swarovski.

View attachment 38032

View attachment 38033

View attachment 38034
If that house gets used for the next James Bond film I can see him sliding down those crystals to catch the bad guy - Bond, you see, doesn't know the difference between Swarovski and Poundland bling!

Reply to If someone asks you to install one of these avoid if you can. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock