Discuss If you lose a tool do you panic and go OCD? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Squid

A while back I "lost" a pair of Stahlville water pump pliers which I have had in my possession since I was 18 and that was back in errrrr 1982 and I panicked, I found them a week later where I had left them, on the window sill to the garden grrrrr but I was sweating. I even checked on replacements........

Jeez

Anyone else have the same level of OCD?

STAHLWILLE 6554 CHROME PLATED WATERPUMP PLIERS WITH RAPID ADJUSTMENT 355mm - PrimeTools - http://primetools.co.uk/product/stahlwille-6554-chrome-plated-waterpump-pliers-with-rapid-adjustment-355mm/

As a self confessed tool tart, any tool loss, theft is a tug on the heart strings, I go into mourning for a few days, it take's while, but time does heal the wounds of a tool loss.

I know the feeling but I get paranoia as I don't lose things as I know where they always are if I lend something out I make sure I keep an eye out on it.

The only thing that I ever lost in my life and was happy about it (after a while) was the ex wife divorcing me.......

on a job a few years ago, i lost the following.

socket tester (fluke), set of wiha interchangeable bit drivers in case, voltstick,

found in back of plumber's van.

result was tools back, plumber with broken nose. SORTED SCOUSER STYLE.

Yes....i usually realise I've left something somewhere at a time I can do sod all about it....like waking up in the middle of the night wondering if I put something back or being miles away on a different job!

Yes....i usually realise I've left something somewhere at a time I can do sod all about it....like waking up in the middle of the night wondering if I put something back or being miles away on a different job!
It like on the way to the station I am wondering if I have turned the electric iron off so I go back home to double check and off course it is turned off and the plug is out of the socket. Paranoid.........

Solved this problem long ago. As i cannot appear to control the whereabouts of tools. I have 2 or 3 sets. I do notice one has gone missing but i fear not, put it out of my mind and 9 times out of 10 it magically re-appears or is found lying where i left it, sometimes 6M up in the air.. lol

I sold some stuff to member on this forum, good stuff, I didn't need any more, lying in bed in the small hours I still break out in a cold sweat, thinking why did I sell this stuff, I don't need it but it was mine all mine, and it was shiny.

I sold some stuff to member on this forum, good stuff, I didn't need any more, lying in bed in the small hours I still break out in a cold sweat, thinking why did I sell this stuff, I don't need it but it was mine all mine, and it was shiny.
And I bet the new owner is "abusing" your old tools..........

just had a new ratchet assenbly fitted to my snap-on driver. was slipping occasionally. took the rep. all of 10 minutes and for freee under lifetime warranty. his luton van was like a toy shop, loads of shiny expensive tools. i managed to come away with just a telescopic magnet pick-up tool for £22. think i showed commendable restraint there. you sweating yet, pete? :D

just had a new ratchet assenbly fitted to my snap-on driver. was slipping occasionally. took the rep. all of 10 minutes and for freee under lifetime warranty. his luton van was like a toy shop, loads of shiny expensive tools. i managed to come away with just a telescopic magnet pick-up tool for £22. think i showed commendable restraint there. you sweating yet, pete? :D
Barsteward, you kin Barsteward

snap-on tools van.

download (3).jpg

Reply to If you lose a tool do you panic and go OCD? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock