Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Illuminated bathroom mirror in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. flashy5313

flashy5313 EF Member

Hi all,
    I am looking at installing one of these puppies, I am thinking RCD FCU would be required. Any views or possible alternatives. Re wireable fuse situation.

Thanks in anticipation

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  2. Rockingit

Rockingit Trusted Advisor

If you've not got RCD protection on the lighting already, your bonding is sorted and it's out of zone, then yes, basically.

3. Dave 85

Dave 85 Guest

Yeah RCD FCU prolly cheapest way to go. You don't wanna stick it in the loft though. I sometimes just put one under the C/U to cover the entire circuit.

• Like Like x 1
  4. flashy5313

flashy5313 EF Member

That's great many thanks for that.

5. flashy5313

flashy5313 EF Member

Many thanks for that. I have seen them put in the loft funny enough . I didn't really want to do that either

6. billmicheals

billmicheals EF Member

mirror mirror on the wall :75:

7. spinlondon

spinlondon Trusted Advisor

To comply with the Regulatons, you should really provide RCD protection to the whole circuit, not just the addition.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Guitarist

Guitarist Trusted Advisor

If you undertake any work in a room containing a bath or shower, all circuits must be RCD protected to comply with regs.

9. spinlondon

spinlondon Trusted Advisor

Is there a particular Regulation that states such?

10. flashy5313

flashy5313 EF Member

Thank you I thought there were exemptions. I guess I need to brush up again. Many thanks