Discuss `im a homeowner`...lol... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

what's wrong with a short link. L to nearest E. if it's live, it'll go bang and as a bonus it's found the fuse.

what's wrong with a short link. L to nearest E. if it's live, it'll go bang and as a bonus it's found the fuse.

I use my plugtop for that , already got a link between the phase and earth for dead tests, just plug it in live, verified disconnection assured in most cases lol

you gotta love american terminology lol ,

"looking for the hotwire...." :-D

i hope the socket was protected with a "ground fault circuit interupter"
;-)

suits me just fine lol
i have a copy of the usa wiring regs installed on my computer , and at 800 pages long its 3 times thicker than the uk regs.
saying that though , alot is very similar , just the phrases used are obviously different.

i'd jump at the chance to do some electrics across the atlantic , according to my research i am equivolent to an american "master electrician" ;-)
sounds alot better than part p housebasher lol.

After that link glenn ive just been looking through 'similar' or 'related' videos - you can literally find out how to do anything whether correctly or incorrectly via youtube. That's terribly bad - explains some of these diy catastrophes.

suits me just fine lol
i have a copy of the usa wiring regs installed on my computer , and at 800 pages long its 3 times thicker than the uk regs.
saying that though , alot is very similar , just the phrases used are obviously different.

i'd jump at the chance to do some electrics across the atlantic , according to my research i am equivolent to an american "master electrician" ;-)
sounds alot better than part p housebasher lol.
and according to my research the only thing that comes near to testing it to glance one of these over it..:

41wiv7sY33L__SL500_AA300_.jpg

After that link glenn ive just been looking through 'similar' or 'related' videos - you can literally find out how to do anything whether correctly or incorrectly via youtube. That's terribly bad - explains some of these diy catastrophes.
well....and i`v said it before...and i`l say it again...homeowners can do what the hell they like for me....
and when they ring up wanting you to come out n sort all their nonsense for em....you put it on time....
the longer they deny any DIY efforts at `electrics` and where they`v been arsin about...the more it costs em....

Reply to `im a homeowner`...lol... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net