Discuss Im allowed to PAT Testing? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Rjay06

-
Reaction score
I am allowed to pat testing?
With pat testing certificates,17th editions,city and guild 2330 electrical installation and 2392 inspection and testing

Im not jib electricians and have only jib auxiliary operative,labourer

Im only pat testing the equipment we used on site which quite a lot some are complicated equipment for HV/LV testing and our office computers/coffee machine,printers

Last edited:
I am allowed to pat testing?
With pat testing certificates,17th editions,city and guild 2330 electrical installation and 2392 inspection and testing

Im not jib electricians and have only jib auxiliary operative,labourer

Im only pat testing the equipment we used on site which quite a lot some are complicated equipment for HV/LV testing and our office computers/coffee machine,printers
Qualifications are not required, you just need to be competent.

Was once told by someone with the PAT testing qualification, that it was a legal law for testers to be qualified.
He would not have it any other way.
He’d paid the money for the course that’s why - probably angry on the inside!

He’d paid the money for the course that’s why - probably angry on the inside!
I did the course, only because my outfit paid course fees and travel, 2 days back at School, wasn't that bad, bit boring though. Oh and no failures allowed even for the thickies.

Qualifications are not required, you just need to be competent.
Thank you... so im ok then?
When ive done it before im with the supervision of an HV engr,but this time i think they want me to do it with out supervision, im confident doing the pat testing what im worried about is the legal side of it with the only qualifications i have not even an jib gold card

Crack on,then,fella...i have a cycling proficiency badge,from my childhood,and i helped deliver both my children...:)

I've just completed the city and guilds pat testing course and to be honest didn't really learn anything extra.
The only reason I completed the exam, is that for completing work for my local authority, I require the certificates.
As pointed out above, you just have to prove your competent, should something go wrong with the equipment that you pat tested . As long as you log the test results properly you are helping to cover your back. After all a pat test is like an mot for a car ...the equipment might pass the test on the day, but the following day a fault occurs and it fails.

Reply to Im allowed to PAT Testing? in the Electrical Testing & PAT Testing Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net