Discuss I'm dissapointed with Ableskills in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sp4rky.

So disappointed with Ableskills. The day arrived for induction doesn't even last 40mins. The assessor doesn't explain in many details , more like he's quickly flicked the pages. At the end of session wanted to ask him more question but he's more into hurry out to the office collecting the fees. Now I'm stuck with their big fat black folder and have no understanding where to start. I should have gone with XSTraining.They're easier to understand after watching them on youtube.

So disappointed with Ableskills. The day arrived for induction doesn't even last 40mins. The assessor doesn't explain in many details , more like he's quickly flicked the pages. At the end of session wanted to ask him more question but he's more into hurry out to the office collecting the fees. Now I'm stuck with their big fat black folder and have no understanding where to start. I should have gone with XSTraining.They're easier to understand after watching them on youtube.

What are you doing nvq3?

His portfolio it seems from his previous post. Sp4rky, did you read my reply to your previous post ?
Yes i did Vortigern. Didnt you get my replied? Thank you very much for taking your time to explain. Very much help indeed! But there alot more stuffs in the folder that i still dont understand.

Whatever course you do at level 3 the portfolio is gonna be there. I think you will find that there are extra charges for visits on site with most of the commercial trainers. You must ask the tutor to sit down and help you. If you paid for it get your moneys worth. Assert yourself.

Why dont you go into the trainee forum. I dont know if you are working but you can certainly get work on the parts of the portfolio you need like SY cable SWA steel conduit FP cable etc. etc. But just start doing the work and getting a record dont wait to understand all of your portfolio just get the evidence and ask later!

i can sympathise there mate, i've got that big folder sitting over from me now, unopened in ages. doing it at the same place, and i did expect a bit more from the induction day to be honest, it's hard to remember much from looking at the pages they briefly showed on that day. i read Vortigern's reply on the other thread though, cheers for taking the time to write that out, will be helpful

Vortigern

yes i'm working at the moment. I think your right by taking all varies of pictures evidence as much i can, rather than trying to focus on the folder. Thank you so much for your advice and hopefully, i can ask you more question in future :)

Leesparkykent

A BIG massive thank you , Lee. This is exactly what i'm looking for. i can begin to start how to map out my portfolio now :) thank you ever so much and hope that i can ask you more questions in future if i ever get stuck.

Karin

who's your accessor? my one is sucks! like you said they went through the folder very briefly. Since you just started your portfolio may be we can share our thoughts and ideas how to build our portfolio since we got help from Vortigent & Leesparkykent. good luck mate!

I'm on the same boat, I have been there for the induction, the assesor seems to be not very helpful, I asked him if I could send him a Unit once completed to see if it was right or not he just told me back that he would prefer all in once... so i have taken pictures but I'm not sure what to do with them...

Reply to I'm dissapointed with Ableskills in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock