Discuss I'm not putting this one in the accident book! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Paul.M

-
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
First thing this morning I picked up the apprentice and went to the first job in the city center. Need to unload and park up ten mins walk away kind of thing.

Anyway, got there and parked on double yellow lines, jumped out to off load tools + mats. In a rush I opened both back doors of the van at the same time and caught a face full of bent over T2 trunking in my face knocking the cig straight out of my gob! Ouch was my first reaction before I noticed a bit of blood coming from my nose. Ok I thought, I've had a crack in the noss and gob no big thing, get on with it and I did with 3 different customers throughout the day.

Got home tonight and the first thing Mrs M said to my is "what happened to your nose?" Nowt much, just took a bit of a crack on it this morning. "Have a look in the mirror" she says. I've only taken off all the skin off the end of my nose and look like bloody Rudolf on a bad day.

I called the apprentice and asked him why he didn't tell me that everyone could see bare flesh on the end of my nose all day long? His reply:- "You told me to have more of a sense of humour and be a bit more boisterous on site so I didn't tell you and see if you noticed."

Well done mate, your learning. You've got me today with that one but guess who is doing ALL of the crappy jobs rest of the week? You don't need to phone a friend for that one :).

Cheers for the funny tale, done similar with the yt2 under pressure with the bend you forced it into to fit in van, but not to your extend i seriously was pmsl while reading you post but hope you share the funny side .... no offense meant! :crazy:

I wouldn't mind but the first job was 6 hours in a prestigious restaurant and half of that was infront of their customers! No wonder I got a funny look, I just thought that they were to far up their own arse to see a hard working man (that bit is debatable :)) but no they were looking at a chunk of flesh at the end of my nose.

A hindrance to my injury (apart from the apprentice taking the mick) is that when I opened my first can of pop (honestly ;)) the ring pull touches the end of my nose and it hurts. I've got a glass now.

Nice one mate and love the apprentice not telling you hehe so you will be pulling the sled this christmas lol at least you will be able to see in the dark without a torch

The lad's learning fast mate. You were lucky he didn't pin a "Call me Rudolf" sign on your back as well. Give him another month and he won't miss such a golden opportunity to one over the Gaffer.

Last edited by a moderator:
ouch
seems like your a bit of a light weight
wait till you get a bit of 20mm HG plastic conduit in the mincer under tension
then you can join my club
get well soon
my thoughts are with you

my best one was a bending spring jammed in 20mm well my mate got one end i hade the spring and we pulled. Bloody thing cam out like a rocket and cracked my ribs. Thought they had broke and the bruse was spectacular.

i'm guessing it's already healed by now - unless he's a severe haemophiliac.

edit: god damn it! i only read the first page - upto inverter's post - before replying. didn't realise everyone else had already jumped all over him.

Inverter - I would imagine its healed quite well by now this post was from 2011 :) Hadsomething sort of similar that had me rolling around laughing my head off, our apprentice had a right cob on, he was bending 20mm plastic conduit and got stressed, threw the spring in the back of the van and I watched it buckle then spring straight back and smack him in the face, shouldn't of but couldn't stop laughing, still makes me smile now :) lol same as above, what a plank :)

Last edited:

Reply to I'm not putting this one in the accident book! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net