Discuss Immersion Heater Timer Switch in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

Mark H

Hi,

We don't have central heating but we have an immersion heater that basically has what looks like a standard light switch that turns the heater on and off. Basically I wondered is switch that I can just unscrew the current switch and swap it for a timer switch. The wiring to the tank I can't really get at so if I could just pop the switch out just as if I was changing a light switch and add a timer to there it would be easy enough. Does this sort of thing exist?

Thanks
Mark

Reply to Immersion Heater Timer Switch in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I replaced a Flash immersion timer with an apt one today and it seemed straightforward but just wondering should the light on isolation switch...
Replies
Views
Evening Gents just after a bit of advice and what would you do differently. I have wired up 3 kw heaters in 4mm tuff cable (40 meter distance...
Replies
Views
Hi, Have normal fused immersion heater switch. I would like to add a smart wifi switch to it so when my Solar is producing over 3k spare, going...
Replies
Views
Until last week I had a dual tariff electricity supply with a cheaper overnight tariff. This was good for the storage heating, but now the storage...
Replies
Views
I've a 3 phase storage heater currently wired to the main fuse box in an office I have. The heater has 2 supplies/isolators, 1 for charging at...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock