Discuss Immobilise - register your items in case they are stolen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Talking to my mates girlfriend today who works for the plod, she mentioned a website called Immobilise.
Its free and you can mark your items such as power tools, testers etc with UV Pens or buy some fancy smart water if need be and then register them on the database.
If stolen and recovered by the police they check the database and hopefully can then return them to you.
Given its free, and only takes a little bit of time, I reckon its worth it just in case the worse should happen.
I have marked and registered my expensive tools and testing kit now.
The National Property Register, for Phones, Gadgets, Bicycles & More... - https://www.immobilise.com/

Would it not wear off with all the handling and adverse conditions it is used in? What would be good would be some sort if GPS.

Would it not wear off with all the handling and adverse conditions it is used in? What would be good would be some sort if GPS.
Nothing is 100% you can mark inside by battery terminals. Suppose you could put a gps inside a mft but seems bit overkill. On powertools i used some metal stamps. Heated them up and melted company name into the plastic. You aint getting that out of the body

Nothing is 100% you can mark inside by battery terminals. Suppose you could put a gps inside a mft but seems bit overkill. On powertools i used some metal stamps. Heated them up and melted company name into the plastic. You aint getting that out of the body
Some good points there Gavin,I am sure that one of the tool stands at PE electrical trade show at Coventry had some sort of tracking device fitted?

Reply to Immobilise - register your items in case they are stolen in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock