Discuss impact drill in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

good deal on at screwfix.

http://www.screwflix..com/p/erbauer...less-cordless-combi-drill-impact-driver/3611r

You get exactly what you pay for. There are no bargains in power tools which don't follow that rule. It doesn't prevent you spending too much on a lemon, so it's more about what to avoid at the price you are willing to pay.

I recently knackered a low-middling grade Makita, and replaced it with a low-middling grade Hitachi which is marginally worse, and also has a stupidly short power cable.

Should have spent more.

hmm. i have a hitchi 24V sds and it's the dog's bollox. loads of power compared to my old dewalt and makita.

Do you mean impact driver or SDS drill?
impact drill mate

I've used a 18v makita one and thought it was good, was just trying to see if there were any other ones i should be aware of before i buy, from where i am looking amazon seems the cheapest

Toolstation were doing a Milwaukee impact driver and drill for £260 special offer I got one and yeah its good. 4ah x 2 batteries.

what other battery tools do you have? It normally pays to have them using the same batteries!

Totally agree with murdoch on this one my preference is Dewalt and all my cordless tools take the same batteries and are of the same brand. It may sometimes be necessary to buy a different branded cordless tool but that will also mean incompatibility with batteries and chargers.

I just got the 205nm dewalt brushless impact driver not used it that much yet, but so far I'm impressed with it. Had to turn it down to lowest speed setting though as it was very fast.

I've used the mates Milwaukee a fair bit and found it heavier and personally I found the dewalt a nicer feel in my hand.

But honestly I couldn't really fault the Milwaukee tbh, I have mainly dewalt 18v and brushless now, bar a couple of old combidrill/drivers that are makita and metabo.

The battery life seems about 25% longer with brushless tools than Brushed. But it seems that dewalt and Milwaukee come out top in most tests.

Or that's what I found in my recent research, the Milwaukee seemed to get 1st place in most tests, but the weight was its downside and some of its positives were for uses I wouldn't find I needed tbh, so went for the lighter dewalt tools, my mate thinks my dewalt sds is better than his as it's not as bulky or heavy, especially working off ladders.

Sometimes weight can indicate a good well build tool. Millwalke tools are my employers choice but he is loaded so can afford them lol. My Dewalt cordless 2.5KG SDS is an outstanding bit of kit as I to was fed up working off ladders with the corded sds drill. One of the best things I have brought in ages and as you mentioned a big difference in weight compared to other brands.

I got Dewalt Impactor and Combi Drills.. both 18v
guy i worked with didnt want a high impactor as it can rip heads off but the one i got you can change 3 settings
all brushless too.. not used as much as i like tho :(

Sounds like the one I got, had it on top speed and it rung a 100mm Torx thunderbolt lol So turned it to lowest setting and it was perfect.

Ive had a Bosch 18v impact driver since 2013 and its still going strong. Its been rained on, thrown in anger, dropped copious amounts of time and used as a hammer(to level metal boxes). I cant fault it, its just the standard spec one as well. I had bought the fancy ones which you can select the impact rating on and so fourth but didnt get on with it. Make sure you dont cheap out on the batterries 4Ah minimum

I read a good few articles and watched a heap of YouTube comparison videos and most all said the same LankyWill, the higher the ah of the battery the more oomph the cordless tool had compared to the smaller ah versions.

Milwaukee - The reviews are outstanding - I currently work in joinery and plastering whilst training (c&g 2365) and these are far better than the Dewalt ones. You can even control the torque settings via an app on your phone with the new ones ;):grinning:

A First Look at the New 2nd-gen Milwaukee M18 Fuel Impact Drivers and Compact Impact Wrenches - http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-m18-fuel-impact-driver-compact-wrenches-gen2/

Milwaukee M18ONEID-0 One Key Fuel Brushless Impact Driver *Body Only* | eBay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Milwaukee-M18ONEID-0-One-Key-Fuel-Brushless-Impact-Driver-Body-Only-/332104871078

next thing will be an iphone with a built-in impact driver

Reply to impact drill in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock