Discuss impact drivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

i have the 10.8 makita, very strong bit of kit perfect for small hard to get areas, wouldnt bother with cheap brands...
battery last ages too.

I have the 10.8 Makita too. I got the 10.8v Impact, drill/driver and torch for £150 from Elliots. Elliott Brothers Ltd | Panasonic | Makita | DeWalt | Bosch | Power Tools

They are now doing the above and the 10.8 Makita radio for £180. Makita LCT305W Kit + MR051W 10.8 Radio | Panasonic | Makita | DeWalt | Bosch | Power Tools

HAS ANYONE USED OR BROUGHT ERBAUER 10.8V IMPACT DRIVER FROM SCERWFIX,IS IT WORTH BUYING ?.OR IS IT BETTER TO BUY THE MAKITA VERSION.CAN ANYONE RECOMEND ONE :joker:

Yup got that one in a pack with a drill too for about £80, impact driver is great if your not asking it to drive 6" 10's the drill is also pretty good as it's got a decent size chuck.

Getting 2 batteries was a bonus and the charger is about the best I've ever had, huge RED/GREEN light, you can see if it's charged from a mile away.

I've got Bosch SDS and combi drills, they are better but if I'm going to drop a drill or get a tool stolen I know I'd rather it was not one of them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an 18V Makita. Its an absolute beast and will drive anything! It's handy as it uses the same batteries as my 18V cordless. I don't really see the point of 10.8V and 12V tools? I'm sure someone may enlighten me tho :D

I use an 18V Makita. Its an absolute beast and will drive anything! It's handy as it uses the same batteries as my 18V cordless. I don't really see the point of 10.8V and 12V tools? I'm sure someone may enlighten me tho :D

Right tool for the job I guess, I've got 24v combi and the new Li-Po stuff has loads of grunt over higher voltage Ni-Cad.

Sometimes I don't want a beast, I want a light tool that can fit in a pocket.

*edit*

That is a good price on the Makita, I'd buy that in a heartbeat over the Erbauer!

As said previous, right tool for the job. I have the Makita 18v LXT set as well, but when i'm fixing to ceilings or in awkward places it's great to have the diddy 10.8v impact to hand. I wrote it off when a workmate pulled it out of his bag, then I had a go, went and got the set and wouldn't be without it all now.

The Makita is a nice tool, but the Bosch version is the daddy in this category, with an extra 15Nm of torque over its Makita brethren. Unfortunately, it is also more expensive.
I bought it as part of a kit, together with a drill driver. Quite a few people scoff at it when you bring it out the bag, as the above poster has also found, but they soon change their minds once they've given it a try. It packs a powerful punch.
If you are going to start down the 10.8 route, Bosch is the way to go. Their range of 10.8 of tools is much bigger than Makita's.

Heisenberg, you been slingin' dope? How good is breaking bad?! I like the look of the milwaukee gear think its 12v but the same physical size. Loads of tools for it too. If I was roling in it I'd ditch the bosch and go for that. Love the bosch 10.8 though.

The Makita is a nice tool, but the Bosch version is the daddy in this category, with an extra 15Nm of torque over its Makita brethren. Unfortunately, it is also more expensive.
I bought it as part of a kit, together with a drill driver. Quite a few people scoff at it when you bring it out the bag, as the above poster has also found, but they soon change their minds once they've given it a try. It packs a powerful punch.
If you are going to start down the 10.8 route, Bosch is the way to go. Their range of 10.8 of tools is much bigger than Makita's.

This is true and I have tried the Bosch 10.8, but I have had too many problems with Bosch to pay out for more of their gear, so I stick with Makita. Them 15Nm of torque are not much use when the damned thing doesn't work. ;)

This is true and I have tried the Bosch 10.8, but I have had too many problems with Bosch to pay out for more of their gear, so I stick with Makita. Them 15Nm of torque are not much use when the damned thing doesn't work. ;)

Sorry to hear that. I've not had any problems with the Bosch gear at all, that why I'm happy to recommend it. Hope the Makita works out ok.

Do the Bosch or Makita stand upright? I've been looking at the 10.8V ranges over the last couple of days, think I'm going to go with the Dewalt, they're a little bigger than the Bosch and Makita, but as they use a battery like larger drills you can stand them upright. Not a major concern, or something that'll influence a decision, but it is sometimes handy to be able to balance them on top of ladders etc.

Do the Bosch or Makita stand upright? I've been looking at the 10.8V ranges over the last couple of days, think I'm going to go with the Dewalt, they're a little bigger than the Bosch and Makita, but as they use a battery like larger drills you can stand them upright. Not a major concern, or something that'll influence a decision, but it is sometimes handy to be able to balance them on top of ladders etc.

Blimey, even if they did stand upright, I wouldn't be balancing them atop a ladder :juggle2:

Reply to impact drivers in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net