Discuss Important: Please Vote - What type phone do you use? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

What phone do you / will you use?

• Total voters

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Mod
Reaction score
I'm giving thought to how the forums will be used in the future on mobile devices. And I could do with you guys just helping by voting on this.

At the moment I'm sticking to the iPhone. I've tried the others, and they didn't quite check all the boxes. I do predict though that unless Apple improve the existing OS4 sooner, then the others will catch up quickly and take the lead.

Are we talking personal or work phone?

I would love the HTC Desire but am that careless with how i treat my current phone ( same pocket as snips and drivers, always covered in brick dust ) that I feel it would be a waste of money. Unless anyone knows of a case / cover that would be basically air tight and resilliant to the scrapes of tools i will have to stick with my old trusty!!

Either.

I want to know who's using Android based phones (HTC, Samsung and some others) or iPhones mainly. If you don't use one now, will you be doing in the next couple of years?

Windows phone all the way. Wife just an Ericsson X10 mini, and it will not sync with Outlook. I currently have a HTC Touch 3G and will upgrade to a HTC Motzart when my contract expires next month. ANDROID, you can shove it wher the sun dont shine................:p

Im awaiting delivey of a shiny new Iphone ( gave in to fact I have Itunes and pod and apps ) from 3 and they quoted 26th november when I ordered upgrade :(:(

Shop around, some stores have stock that they wont put on their website too sort of thing. Go in local stores, carephone warehouses especially. If they have one, get it, and cancel the other orders. You have upto 14 days after you got the phone to send it back.

mines an upgrade done for no cost the shops wont upgrade for less than £99 even after saying I coulld get it for nought through call center the guy said they werent happy as they couldnt compete even though they are the same company

blackberry 8900
its a tool not a toy

i just made that up!!

Blackberry 8900 also and will stick with blackberrys as they have BUTTONS!!

Not sure what to vote bottom one?

Yeah you lads vote bottom one.

I can really give too much away yet, but I'm sure most devices will be supported eventually. But if you don't have an android or iphone, and you're not getting one, hit the bottom option. :) If you're going to get one in the next couple of years, hit the third option down.

Cheers for your help.

Reply to Important: Please Vote - What type phone do you use? in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net