Discuss In order to work... what do you need?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

wallicio

See a lot of posts on here saying you need to be JIB registered?

What exactly do I need in order to start applying for positions,

I am Eal vrq level 2 domestic installer qualified and 2382.

What other requirements do i need to fulfil before i can start applying for domestic jobs?

CS card? JIB?

And also how do i go aout getting the things that i need? cost etc

Can anyone shed any light?

cheers

To be honest I would imagine there are very few companies taking on just in the domestic market at this time, most contracting companies that are taking on will cover the entire spectrum of electrical work industrial/commercial/domestic.

To be honest you EAL qualification would have been designed for you to go as a sole trader, as it's designed for the domestic situation and self certification. Why not try and go it alone, taking on small jobs for now, building up a little confidence and avoiding if you can notifiable jobs until you build up a little confidence and money.

Your start up though will be quite big, if you have a car then you could use that, just change the insurance. You would need PL insurance, tools and of course a meter, but you can get refurbed ones that are resonable. As your aiming for the domestic market perhaps a cheap 230volt SDS drill from one of the sheds and a few SDS drills.

ECS cards from the JIB well you may get a labourers card to let you on site.

cheers malcolm i understand that my qualification dont hold up to much and in this climate even less but in an ideal situation, what you saying in order to work on site i need an ecs card/ i dont match the criteria to get that so i need a labourers card then?

Although tempting i just couldnt afford to go it alone and to be honest i would be much more comfortable working with someone in a domestic environment for a good few years to build confidence/experience.

So in order to work... i need a labourers card?

im sort of in the same boat, i have recently been made redundant, and am looking to go out on my own, i just dont know what i need to do to sign certificates off etc how do i get them ? any help would be appreciated, cheers

im sort of in the same boat, i have recently been made redundant, and am looking to go out on my own, i just dont know what i need to do to sign certificates off etc how do i get them ? any help would be appreciated, cheers
many variables here adam. i assume you will be doing mainly domestic. generic certs. can be bought from most wholesalers or ebay. for notifiable work you will need to join elecsa or napit. then there's car/van, insurances, tools.

Reply to In order to work... what do you need?? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net