Discuss Incoming Sparky from OZ... What training and where?!? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

m_watters

Hi,

I'm a 29yr old sparky that will be looking to come over to the UK, either late this year or early next on the 2yr visa and would be hoping to continue working in the trade when I'm over your way.

Just wondering what qualifications and training is required to get up to speed for working in the UK and is it easy enough to maybe work as an electrician's mate in the mean time?

I've touched most sectors, but more recently spent 2.5yrs in HV construction. Would be keen for any work, but also interested in any industrial/HV construction that could see me travelling a bit.

Any information on training courses or companies/labour hire that would be best to contact would be great.

Cheers!

Hi,

I'm a 29yr old sparky that will be looking to come over to the UK, either late this year or early next on the 2yr visa and would be hoping to continue working in the trade when I'm over your way.

Just wondering what qualifications and training is required to get up to speed for working in the UK and is it easy enough to maybe work as an electrician's mate in the mean time?

I've touched most sectors, but more recently spent 2.5yrs in HV construction. Would be keen for any work, but also interested in any industrial/HV construction that could see me travelling a bit.

Any information on training courses or companies/labour hire that would be best to contact would be great.

Cheers!

Make sure your visa will allow you to work in this country before you start looking for work, as if it doesn't then if you are found by UK Border Agency working, you will be on a flight back to Oz and your employer will be fined £10,000.

See link UK Border Agency | Working in the UK

Make sure your visa will allow you to work in this country before you start looking for work, as if it doesn't then if you are found by UK Border Agency working, you will be on a flight back to Oz and your employer will be fined £10,000.

See link UK Border Agency | Working in the UK

No doubt.. Not that you've really helped at all either mate.. I'm sure I'm well versed in the requirements to be able to work in the UK as plenty of friends have taken the opportunity and some are still working happily within the UK Border Agencies guidelines.

Now, if someone could provide me with the information I'm actually after that'd be fantastic!

hey there i was think of going to oz after the year to work iam jib registered electrician and wanted to know which Grade A, B, L. i wud be over there

Hi,

Cheers!

AS3000 is a lot different than BS7671.

Key differences will be getting your head round terminology, and some practises.

Voltage/phase wise, pretty similar.

Ring mains are something new to you, I guess - as are the ways we rate circuit current capacities. I think you guys still mostly use 10A radials for everything.

We call the "Active" "live" over here.

You'll work as a mate with few problems, if you can find the work. There's not really any formal requirements for that.

By and large, you'll find thing look a little different, work a little different. But not so much so it's like starting again.

Colour codes - I think you mostly nicked them from us anyway.

Reply to Incoming Sparky from OZ... What training and where?!? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net