Discuss Indicator Light on Changeover switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

somersetsparks

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Got to put a mains indicator light on the mains side of a changeover switch,
Was just wondering if I can connect the light just with 0.75 flex direct (like a shower/cooker switch) or should I put a fuseholder inline to fuse it down?

Yeah was going to but I can't find any bloody fuseholders at home or in the van, so I was just trying to save going anywhere to get one! oh well it will have to wait till next weekend, Still wonder if it is acceptable, as it seems to be with neon indicators.

Hi I know its a bit after the event but the changeover switches Ive used in the past (supplied with the generator) are not fused and connected to the switch with something like 0.75/1.0mm flex so your way should be fine - certainly how I would do it.

Reply to Indicator Light on Changeover switch in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi.. Newby here.. I have a couple lights holders/bulbs on the end of a flex plugged into the mains 13Amp plug. I want to put an inline switch on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone :) my first post here. Quick background I'm a newly qualified installer of somewhat advanced years whose just starting out in the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, hoping someone might be able to help a little, we got our daughter a renault twizy, but the headlights do not work. The side lights...
Replies
Views
I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
I was at a customers house changing a socket and they asked me a question about their lights. Some of the lights in the house suddenly get...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock