• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Induction hob and electric oven running from same 32 questions... Again in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
HI Guys, so looking for some advice I've had a re-wire for our new kitchen all was going to plan until yesterday when I realised that my changing of appliance could be a issue.. I told the electrician I was getting a range style cooker so he wired up for this, I changed my mind after seeing the prices and carried on plodding away fitting the kitchen, with what would be a ikea induction hob 6. 5 kw no cable included. And Ikea oven 2.48 kw, I have absolutely no electric knowledge and my electrical is on holiday he is due back in 10 days to fit sockets etc.

IS it possible and safe to run these from the same 32 amp fuse? the consumer unit is directly right by the dividing wall very close. It looks like a 10 mm cable, as far as I'm aware he has prepped for a cooker switch on the wall and incoming range power cable at just above floor level, there is also a separate white cable that runs above for an extraction fan as pictured tho it looks like it may be run from the 32 also. I've attached lots of pics hopefully someone can help me out I'm confused as I have seen lots of posts saying it's fine but others saying it nerds separate fuses. Cheers guys

Yes, 32A will be more than adequate.
He/you will need a dual appliance connector if both appliances wire in.

CLICK ME

If the oven is on a plug, he will need to add a 13A socket. This can be wired from the cooker connection point/

Yes, 32A will be more than adequate.
He/you will need a dual appliance connector if both appliances wire in.

CLICK ME

If the oven is on a plug, he will need to add a 13A socket. This can be wired from the cooker connection point/

Thanks for the reply, thats good news, both the cooker and hob state hard wiring, would i be safe to carry on tiling or would the dual connection result in the walls needing to be hacked away?

I think you should wait until you electrician comes back, before proceeding any further. Not sure why the supply for your cooking appliance, whatever it might have been, is behind said appliance, and is that a round flexible cable used to supply the fan?

thanks for all the feedback, the consumer unit is located safely in the hallway its just worked out well that the new housing unit for hob/oven is located next to the wall dividing the hall and kitchen.

there was no existing oven cable, as its a new layout all oulets/cable you can see pictured are new.

i have no idea what type of cable is being used for the extractor although it is definitely a white outer sleeve there is as pictured some other wires that i believe are to be used as a isolation switch for the extractor https://photos.app.goo.gl/KNsEz6jf1piYJbTk9

So is that twin metal back box (& cable) with the level in front of it, the new supply for your cooking appliance?

I presumed so... for the range that was planned .however this was a single box that i changed to a double in anticipation of both hob and oven having plugs and thought it might be helpful to the electrician, Then i woke up!! and it dawned on me i know sod all.

So is that twin metal back box (& cable) with the level in front of it, the new supply for your cooking appliance?

I presumed so... for the range that was planned .however this was a single box that i changed to a double in anticipation of both hob and oven having plugs and thought it might be helpful to the electrician, Then i woke up!! and it dawned on me i know sod all.

My money is on no spark

I assure you i had a qualified electrician give my kitchen a full re wire he is due to return in 10 days after his holls to fix in my appliances and plates/ lightes ect. i have no reason to lie about this.

I am just asking for advice, However i am now concerned regards to the workmanship due to your comment, can you see something that is not within regs or unsafe??

Reply to Induction hob and electric oven running from same 32 questions... Again in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back