Discuss Industrial roller shutter door help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mars6394

Hi guys iv got a indutrial roller shutter door at work which will only go up about 2 meters and stops in the same position everytime when you push the up but it will not go any higher but can be lowered n re hightened to the same position and cuts out. Does anybody have an idea what this could be. We had a problem last week where the roller shutter collapsed and fell down right from the top as the chain link snapped iv replaced this link n now the above situation is happeneing

Only if its in the correct position.......there must be 2 limit switches one for fully closed the other for full open, you need to work out how they are activated, either by block in chain or can on rotor wheels

Setting the limits is relatively easy on most doors. You have to be aware that most have some form of gearing so a small adjustment of the limit has a big effect on the door position.

Manually wind the door to within 6” of the top position and set the limit. Try it under power and tweak the limit to give the correct position.

PS don’t blame me if you wrap the door around the top roller.

Alot easier safer with 2 people one to switch off before door going round and round. Try getting down ladders to switch off
Heed Tony's advice I have done loads of doors and have also followed people who have not done what Tony said.
There's nothing hard about setting limits, but as said the slightest adjustment does make a big difference.

I’ve just reread the OP.

He’s got the pinions out of line! No need to alter the limit, just take the chain off and turn one of the pinions.

PS the bottom limit will out by the same amount as the top.

Reply to Industrial roller shutter door help in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net