Discuss Initial assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

F

Frosty69

Just had my initial assessment with the niceic I had David colley who is the area engineer for Manchester/Stockport. It went really well and he was a really nice bloke who answered any of my questions and gave me bits of advice. Just got to wait for my site assessment which is seven weeks away unless someone cancels on him.

Hi Frosty69

Best of luck with your site assessment. I am applying for an assessment with NICEIC, how soon do they come in for the initial assessment? Do they look at both your minor & major jobs during initial assessment? I never knew they do initial assessment and a site assessment after that.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi mate,

It took about a week for the initial assessment and they just look at your test sheets and the books that you have got and it's mainly to get you ready for your site assessment although they do ask a few questions he asked me about voltage drop and about rcds. He told me the site assessment would be in seven weeks but he rang me later that day and it's in two weeks as he has had a cancelation! All I'd say is just make sure your test sheets are tip top. If you need sheets let me know your email by pm and I'll email you all of them over.

I'm going for approved and he wants two major jobs and three minor, along as you can do the full test range I don't think it matters. If you had a rewire that would be best.

I'm going for approved and he wants two major jobs and three minor, along as you can do the full test range I don't think it matters. If you had a rewire that would be best.

Thanks for the info and I will PM you my email address. I am only applying for "Domestic Installer Scheme"

I have a CU change (Major Job) and additional socket on a spur extension (Minor Job) to show them.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Iv got my second assessment this Thursday can anyone give me an Insight of what to expect on the day?

Reply to Initial assessment in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock