Discuss inks for printers epson in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

buzzlightyear

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
on third printer now, had a printer for nearly 6 months ,so the ink has nearly ran dry .sent off for compatibles for the printer .put them in very little ink coming out and not printing good .had to replace with Epson inks not cheap . where is the best people for inks for Epson any body.

It’s the most expensive liquid on the planet, printers ink!
Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and buy the genuine stuff - I’ve tried compatible in the past and never seems to work out! I do send all my empties to them though so maybe I’m part of the problem?

Give the ink nozzle on the cartirdge a wipe with something alcohol based then dry it, print some blocks of colour and should be good as new.
I use compatibles for my canon. and as i can see into them (clear plastic) i use a needle and syringe to refill them. Cant do it for the black ones as they use a pigment ink, but the 3 colours saves me a fortune. £4.99 for a ink set and still enough for another 3 refills.

Last edited:
I use the original manufactures ink not compatibles after trying several different suppliers. Colours just don't come out right IMO (photos etc). Madness that you can get a printer for the price of some inks.

Normally just google the ink cartridge number to get the best price, which invariably is usually Amazon, cough splutter.

Buy a laser printer, not cheap to replace the consumables but saves faffing around and if self employed deduct from your tax bill. Jeeeez some tight gits on here or trying to undercut the Polaks for work ;o)))))

Buy a laser printer, not cheap to replace the consumables but saves faffing around and if self employed deduct from your tax bill. Jeeeez some tight gits on here or trying to undercut the Polaks for work ;o)))))
I have to make a confession and seek forgiveness. I had a lot of printing to do once and would have killed the inkjet and taken ages. so I popped over to argos which is less than 2 minutes walk from my flat and got a laser printer, printed around 300 sheets, I then took it back about 4 hours later.
Told them it was faulty and when printing would make funny noises, lights flashed and turn off .. they said no problem, replacement or refund? i took the refund and told them i was going to research a better model online.
Naughty I know and I have sought forgiveness for my sins ever since.

Buy a second hand old HP Laserjet off Ebay or Gumtree for about £20, if you're lucky it will include a cartridge with a couple of thousand prints left in it. When it runs out, either repeat the exercise or pick up another cartridge for a few quid, the Laserjet 4050 and the Laserjet 5 were very popular back in the day, well built and there's always plenty of toner cartridges for sale by people and companies that no longer have the printers.

I have to make a confession and seek forgiveness. I had a lot of printing to do once and would have killed the inkjet and taken ages. so I popped over to argos which is less than 2 minutes walk from my flat and got a laser printer, printed around 300 sheets, I then took it back about 4 hours later.
Told them it was faulty and when printing would make funny noises, lights flashed and turn off .. they said no problem, replacement or refund? i took the refund and told them i was going to research a better model online.
Naughty I know and I have sought forgiveness for my sins ever since.
And you complain about customers trying to get one over you, tsk.

Tomorrow the warranty ends on your van on Tuesday the gearbox will fail, Karma is a biatch ;o)))))))

Buy a second hand old HP Laserjet off Ebay or Gumtree for about £20, if you're lucky it will include a cartridge with a couple of thousand prints left in it. When it runs out, either repeat the exercise or pick up another cartridge for a few quid, the Laserjet 4050 and the Laserjet 5 were very popular back in the day, well built and there's always plenty of toner cartridges for sale by people and companies that no longer have the printers.
I bought a Dell from a refurb shop years ago was brand new old stock, duplex and networked worked great still have it as a spare but upgraded to a Brother colour laser printer with a scanner and copier as needed to write off some £'s again the business as well as the Christmas tree and Brompton.

I think he's saving the "going for a pee in the water tank in the loft" for that one..........
Not pee'd in the water tank but did come across bundles of money wrapped in cling film under the insulation whilst in attic tracing a cable. I would say a good several thousand!! the woman said her husband was in prison for GBH and he would normally do the diy, when I looked into it he was a known 'face' and rumoured drug dealer. Being honest (apart from where printers are involved) i was not tempted, you know its dodgy as who the heck stashes money like that?

Not pee'd in the water tank but did come across bundles of money wrapped in cling film under the insulation whilst in attic tracing a cable. I would say a good several thousand!! the woman said her husband was in prison for GBH and he would normally do the diy, when I looked into it he was a known 'face' and rumoured drug dealer. Being honest (apart from where printers are involved) i was not tempted, you know its dodgy as who the heck stashes money like that?
I have a safe, stops the mice getting at the notes, so did you shag his missus, not for a discount as I bet you never do discounts....... ;o)))))

I have a safe, stops the mice getting at the notes, so did you shag his missus, not for a discount as I bet you never do discounts....... ;o)))))
Would be a brave man who went near his wife!
Do offer discounts to military and veterans plus other emergency services ... get quite a good bit of work from them. i extended it to NHS staff aswell but dont advertise that as I am happy to offer lower pricing for nurses, but when you get consultants on silly money trying to take price down, I think they are having a laugh, they earn in 2 or 3 hours of private work what i earn in a week.

The first thing I ever bought off Ebay (about 15 years ago) was a 4050 for about £100 which I think was bankrupt office stock. The toner which came with it lasted me until last year when I tried to clean it.

The first thing I ever bought off Ebay (about 15 years ago) was a 4050 for about £100 which I think was bankrupt office stock. The toner which came with it lasted me until last year when I tried to clean it.
Fantastic printer used to work on them in a past life, whats the issue with it or have you binned it?

Fantastic printer used to work on them in a past life, whats the issue with it or have you binned it?
The printer still works as well as the day I got it. The issue was that I wiped the glass barrel thing on the toner and I got black stripes down the page, so I had to buy a new toner.

Reply to inks for printers epson in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net