Discuss Inspect and test construction site temp power in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hello

I’ve been asked to inspect and test a temporary power setup on a construction site involving 3 ldu with 110 and 230v outlets. We have no 230 on site however practically doing the test procedure on the ldu themselves the 110v outlets how would you go about this ? Thanks bare in mind I’m novice in terms of practical testing and I want it done right and this is not civi so everyone is clueless :)

If you are unsure of any procedures, give the instructors over at Chatham a ring and they will be more than happy to help out with guidance on how to carry out the inspection and testing to the required standard.

It's all part of the Lighting & Power Distribution System (LAPDS) used by the British Army these day, manufactured by Blakley Electrics. If I remember correctly, LDU stands for Local Distribution Unit.

uculdu.png

LDU yes local distribution unit that’s the one in then pictures :)

Im aware all power tools to be pat tested it’s now the power distribution to be tested. But other that not having 110v testing adapters where you can just plug in and see results straight away I’m unsure of the practical method of doing an inspection and testing process on the LDU themselves with a fluke multimeter

Reply to Inspect and test construction site temp power in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've been discussing site temps with another contractor on site. The supply is TNCS, there is a consumer unit in a fiberglass box which has its...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I’ve joined the site to ask for a quick bit of advice. Please note, I’m not an electrician, I will be hiring one to complete the bulk of...
Replies
Views
Hi I don’t know how resolve this so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. I have no electrical knowledge. I will try to be as clear...
Replies
Views
I'm a Facilities Manager and not an electrician though I do have some electrical qualifications of some years ago. I wonder if anyone would like...
Replies
Views
C
I have not install site temps for a while so cant find in writing what i think is correct so please help if you can, as I need to have this info...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock