Discuss Inspection Schedules in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Under what circumstances would a single PIR or EIC have more than one Inpection Schedule?

Any installation with sub mains feeding more than 1 CCU, take a house main CCU, with a sub main to a garage CCU which enturn feed a CCU in a shed. 1 PIR 3 inspection schedules 3 test sheets.

each board requires it own inpsection schedule and test sheet.

other examples house converted into flats, commerical shop and flat etc.

Thanks for your responce.

Under those circumstances I normally issue a test sheet for each board, but only 1 inspection schedule. The inspection schedule does not include any identification of what it is for and therefore I assume it applies for the whole of the installation covered by the EIC or PIR. Am I wrong, and if so how do I indicate on the Inspection schedule what it applies to?

Post Note

Interestingly, I've just been reading GN3 and I quote "The certificate is only valid if accompanied by the Schedule of Inspections and the Schedule(s) of Test Results"

So I'm begining to think only 1 is necessary after all.

Last edited:
Thanks for your responce.

Under those circumstances I normally issue a test sheet for each board, but only 1 inspection schedule. The inspection schedule does not include any identification of what it is for and therefore I assume it applies for the whole of the installation covered by the EIC or PIR. Am I wrong, and if so how do I indicate on the Inspection schedule what it applies to?

Post Note

Interestingly, I've just been reading GN3 and I quote "The certificate is only valid if accompanied by the Schedule of Inspections and the Schedule(s) of Test Results"

So I'm begining to think only 1 is necessary after all.

I put my own refence on them and issue 1 inspection schedule of each schudule of test result and different items inspection items apply to different type of installation. I had examples with commerical/ domestic, that comerical the item were x and in the domestic they were n/a, you may be correct in only issuing one schedule and many test sheets.

it just I find it easier to issue both for each board, I also list my observation etc against each inspection schedule.

In my mind there is only the need for one schedule of inspections, as if something fails wherever in the installation it will be a big X in the box, and then a comment saying what the deviation is and code earlier on in the report.

One schedule of inspection for each board is overkill...

Last edited:
One shedule of inspection per unit, One inspection certificat, But in No sparks example it would be three SHEDULE OF TEST RESULTS. If you do a 2391 the wording is important

Reply to Inspection Schedules in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net