Discuss Install cert required if eicr has been done in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

I understand that but by adding what u have listed would improve the safety of the installation. Having done the eicr , you would know that the final circuit are ok and by adding rcd protection your maximum zs would be higher.
Charging for 2 certs to change a board wont get many jobs

If you are changing consumer units you should understand the requirements for certification for the job. This seems to be a problem of your own making trying to do a full EICR and a CU change in the same day.
You can ascertain the information required for swapping a CU without doing an EICR.

What regulation says you must do an installation cert after changing a board?
Good practice guide says you should do it but im only asking why i should Have to do an installation cert after i have done an eicr which is more thorough and i havent installed any circuits.

The eicr being a report on a existing installation will reference the protective devices that exist at the time of inspection,renew the board and its all changed
You are required by the regs to issue certification for all installation work carried out,this can be in the form of a minor works or a installation certificate

Reporting the condition of a installation that has been altered can in no way absolve you from the breaking of the regulations by not issuing certification
Reports and certificates are 2 different animals

What regulation says you must do an installation cert after changing a board?
Good practice guide says you should do it but im only asking why i should Have to do an installation cert after i have done an eicr which is more thorough and i havent installed any circuits.

The reason we issue EICs when changing CUs, is because BS7671 requires us to do so.
Failure to issue said EIC would mean that the work does not comply with BS7671.
The reason people record test results for the existing circuits when they change a CU, is because they like to fill in all the blank boxes.
Of course if changing the CU entails replacing or installing RCD/RCBOs, then tests of the RCD/RCBOs will be required.

Reply to Install cert required if eicr has been done in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net