Discuss installation certificate for bonding? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
morning gents
just a quick one...i was wondering if its correct to issue an installation cert when installing a main bond to an incoming service for the first time on an existing install.
if so would you just leave the circuit chart blank????

ta all

vitoboy

but is a minor works not just for modifying existing circuits.
this is a new bonding circuit that previously did not exist..
thats what made me think ...i installed it so...i do and installation cert???????
what do you think pc?

Bonding isn't a circuit tho'.
The act of issuing a certificate is to certify that you've carried out the work to regs. If all you've done is add bonding, then an MWC will perform this function fine. There'll still be plenty of na's on the form.
Keep it simple, for you and the client.
I asked my assessor this in the early days and he was fine with an MWC.

Reply to installation certificate for bonding? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, Just a quick question. Does a main protective bonding conductor require UV protection when run outside? I am under the impression that...
Replies
Views
Completed my AM2s start of this year. My whole career plan is to run my own company/sole trader. Be my own boss basically. I always get asked...
Replies
Views
DIY query Have narrowed down the source of an occasional trip to one light circuit which is a varilight v-pro master dimmer slave set up. This...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need help installing a Lorex smart doorbell. I have tried to install a doorbell transformer several times to no avail. The first...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock