Discuss Installation electrician, NVQ 2356 or 2357? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I currently hold an approved maintenance electrician gold JIB card and need to change my status to a installation electrician due to a change of jobs and what they require. I've been on the ECS website which isn't really helpful tbh, but I've worked out I need a different NVQ level 3 to meet the installation criteria than I already have which will be either the 2356 or 2357.

The 2356 sounds like it's for fresh starters so am unsure if i need anything else to accompany it such as the AM2 which I don't have.
But the 2357 sounds like it's pushing towards a management role.
So am wondering if anyone knows what would be best to get the installation status?

Any help is appreciated!
Cheers

Hello guys,

I currently hold an approved maintenance electrician gold JIB card and need to change my status to a installation electrician due to a change of jobs and what they require. I've been on the ECS website which isn't really helpful tbh, but I've worked out I need a different NVQ level 3 to meet the installation criteria than I already have which will be either the 2356 or 2357.

The 2356 sounds like it's for fresh starters so am unsure if i need anything else to accompany it such as the AM2 which I don't have.
But the 2357 sounds like it's pushing towards a management role.
So am wondering if anyone knows what would be best to get the installation status?

Any help is appreciated!
Cheers

The 2356 was the NVQ Level 3 of a few years ago, you didn't need the AM2 to complete it

The NVQ Level 3 of today is the 2357, that's the electrical installation NVQ (Nothing to do with management) you'll need to complete as well as the AM2.

Have you got your technical certs? (2360 parts 1 and 2, 2330 level 2 and 3 or 2365 level 2 and 3?)

If you've got an older technical qualification then you'll have to complete a small bridging unit for the NVQ. a lot of what you covered on your maintenance Nvq will be similar if not the same as the installation NVQ so you should be able to complete it fairly quickly.

Hello Joshua,

Thankyou for your reply, I basically just looked on the city and guilds website and got that information from there.

No unfortunately I haven't done any of them qualifications. 2360, 2330 or 2365. I have; BTEC Level 3 diploma in operations and maintenance engineering, NVQ Level 3 in electrical and electronic engineering, 17th edition, 2394 and 2395.

So basically I need to do the 2357 and the AM2 to get the installation status? Thankyou for your help I'll look towards it and see what my employer says

The new NVQ 2356-99 is basically a revamp of the old 2356-31, however, the difference is that you now also need to complete the AM2 assessment to successfully achieve the qualification. The 2356-99 is aimed at those with more than five years experience within the industry and is the mature candidate assessment pathway to obtaining the JIB gold card.

The NVQ 2357 is aimed at those who have successfully completed 2365 level 2 & 3 (or 2330 level 2 & 3 etc) and have less than five years experience within the industry.

Both of the above NVQs require the successful completion of the AM2 assessment which must be taken at a dedicated AM2 centre.

Reply to Installation electrician, NVQ 2356 or 2357? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock