Discuss Installation photos - point me in the right direction in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
It has been a long day and i am fed up of looking for a list of all of the stages of the installation you should photograph for your records as per the MCS requirement. So far i have the following points

1. Entry to the rafter
  2. Placement and fixing of the roof hook
  3. Attaching the mounting rail/fixing
  4. The rail and panels
  5. Completed installation
  6. Site of the inverter, consumer unit & isolators WITH the warning labels
  7. Close up of the generation meter
  8. Close up of the incoming supply showing the circuit diagram.
Can anyone point me in the right direction of the list please if I am missing anything?

New one on me ! Never heard of any MCS that asks for that, and to be honest just wouldn't work in practice. Imagine saying to a customer, sorry I can't finish the install today I've got bad light for my camera ......!

Whoa there buddy!

Jeesh you will give all of us a heart attack spouting spurious questions LOL

Only joking but can i suggest a type of question like this:-

Question.
What photos do i need to comply with MCS requirements regarding my PV installation?

Answer.
1. The panels on the roof/ground mount etc.
2. The inverter/isolators/schematics in roof/garage etc.
3. The generation meter/isolator at origin of your supply.

Thats it simples. Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
since when has this been necessary???!!
Whats this, another spurious requirement of MCS!!

I am sure that I have read it somewhere/been told that MCS request them because it offers a means for the assessor to be able to get an idea of the quality of installation if access to the roof cannot be arranged at assessment time. Though not a robust way of monitoring, it makes sense to me so I have never questioned it.

We are with NAPIT and at our first assessment just before Christmas. The inspector looked at the photos and asked to see the ones where the hook was fastened into the rafter. Maybe it was just his preference??

I think we will keep taking them because the guys are used to it and if it helps make any future assessments a little easier then great!

I think you're assuming the assessor has an interest in the workmanship, from my experience over the last two years they have no interest at all other than the paperwork. I never shown pictures of any type nor have any of our assessors want to actually get up on the scaffold and have a look for themselves.

I think a lot of the requests from assessors are preference and personal opinion not a requirement of MCS.

Fiardor, where did you get that information? I've never heard of anything like this.

Hey Moggy,

We were told it was an MCS requirement by our MCS qualified electrician back in May.

No questions were asked then but they will certainly be asked tomorrow!

Will let you know what/where/why/who, as soon as i see him.

Enecsys 16 panel system tomorrow in Portsmouth!!! Woop Woop!!!

I'm really tempted to tell them to do one with my asessment, I really can't be doing with this nonsence.:73:

Reply to Installation photos - point me in the right direction in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock