Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Installation test meter in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. paullynch

paullynch New EF Member

I have been looking on eBay at the various meters for sale, have a general preference for fluke. Can anybody recommend a good all round model for general testing.
    Thanks

2. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
  3. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

What ever you decide to buy, if it's 2nd hand, then make sure it comes with a current calibration certificate or else you will be spending about £75 more.

Your tester is your most important tool so don't buy cheap our you could find your self buying twice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Jacek Buczak

Jacek Buczak EF Member

Business Name:
    J&B Electrical Service
    Hi so I like fluke now I used my fluke 1654b,before buying the tester wanted to buy megger mot 1730 but I buy fluke because it used a previously for me is great tester.
    I had also Di-log 9083p cheap and good at the beginning.Best Regards

5. FedericoScuro

FedericoScuro New EF Member

6. Jacek Buczak

Jacek Buczak EF Member

Business Name:
    J&B Electrical Service
    Looks good 20 in 1 just i like my Megger 1730 ,as i alredy wrote i testing Fluke,Di-log,Kewtech now i have Megger on today for me is top tester :)

7. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

Just realised the date of this thread. What tests do you do in Italy, Federico :)

8. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    pinch it's arse and if it squeals, it's passed.

9. FedericoScuro

FedericoScuro New EF Member

Make me laught, we do the same test as you do only difference is we have lot of TT system while in UK is almost everything TN .
    I simply would like to know your opinion about an italian manufacturer of MFT because I see here people only talks about Megger or Fluke or other Uk..

10. Jacek Buczak

Jacek Buczak EF Member

Business Name:
    J&B Electrical Service
    Yep mate we talking just about Megger and Fluke because (for me )Megger and Fluke is the top testers we know kewtech ,Di-log ,Metrel,Seaward is well .Same like some users talking on other forum which one Van is better :) Vivaro or Transit hehe why ?we have alot other vans to buy :).How i look on yours tester i think this is to smart machines for me :) to many option:).Just it is your choice one like Megger next one Fluke You GSC60 ;-) .Best Regards