Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Installing 2 PIRs on same circuit in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Jesta63

Jesta63 New EF Member

Hey All,
    I have a little dilemma. I want to install a PIR at the top of my garden and at the bottom so lights lighting up the pathway between top and bottom are lit up no matter which end I start from. Can some please post me a diagram to show how this is done. the distance between top and bottom is around 50ft which should make a difference but I thought I would let you know. regards

2. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

How are you planning too run a cable?

3. Simonslimline

Simonslimline Electrician's Arms

My advice is to employ a local electrician to carry out the work.

:)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Richard Burns

Richard Burns Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Richard Burns
    Welcome
    Wire the PIRs in parallel so if either one senses movement the lights come on.
    2 PIR 2 Lamp.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Hi J, Agree with all above. What type of cable, how many conductors, what type of lights (loading), existing or new circuit, IP rating, building regulations compliance, insulation resistance, disconnection times, additional protection etc. Your friendly local Electrician can solve all this for you :)

6. lurch

lurch Electrician's Arms

4 core end to end and to fittings. Pluck off live, neutral and or switch wire as you need it. And of course ground