Discuss Installing a doorbell, help thanks in advance in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

Jon74

Hi there, and many thanks in advance for some assistance.

I recently purchased a

Door bell and a Byron 1210 Wired Underdome Bell, and a Byron 7770 Transformer 220/240v - 8v 1 amp. My question is the power source> Is it possible to wire the transformer to a standard mains plug. I could simply connect to a plug socket? The transformer would of course be hidden from view.

The property has never had a mains operated doorbell only a somewhat useless wireless one which only lasted 12 months.

Thanks

Jon

This is not the most elegant solution, however so long as the electrical connections are secure and fully enclosed, the plug has a 3A fuse and the cable from the plug to the transformer is supported so that the cable is not pulling on the electrical connection then it should be OK.
Neater to wire it from a flex outlet FCU or have the transformer mounted in the consumer unit and connected to a lighting circuit with suitable insulation for the 8V cables whilst they are in the consumer unit.

Reply to Installing a doorbell, help thanks in advance in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, So I ended up with a Ring video wired doorbell instead of a Byron video wired doorbell as B&Q were out of stock (had ordered online) and they...
Replies
Views
Hi, I purchased a Time twin strand bell cable with a rating of 12-30V, 2A, low voltage, not for mains use. I wish to use this for installing our...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. I have just purchased a Ring Video Doorbell Pro and want to install it as follows as below. For complete disclosure, I am not a...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Really hoping for some simple advice after a 2 year battle with my Ring Pro doorbell. To cut a long story short, and spending £ on...
Replies
Views
Hi, We live in a new build property which is nearly two years old. Currently have a mains powered Doorbell Deta C3501 with built in transformer...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock