Discuss Installing Nest 3 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Deepu Thomas

Can anyone advise on the right way to replace the danfoss tp9000 thermostat and ts2 sensor with the nest. I have attached pictures showing the current setup.

Thanks in advance,

CameraZOOM-20161125140458286.jpg

CameraZOOM-20161125141445332.jpg

CameraZOOM-20161125140458286.jpg

CameraZOOM-20161125141445332.jpg

Live, Neutral and earth from the old programmer go to Live and neutral on the heat link. Terminate the earth in terminal block if no earth terminal is available.

Terminal 3 from the old programmer goes to terminal 6 on the heat link (Hot Water Call)
Terminal 4 from the old programmer goes to terminal 3 on the heat link (Heating Call)

To my knowledge, the nest doesn't use the ts2 sensor but if I'm incorrect, someone will let us know :)

neutral and earth go in the neutral and Earth terminals.
Live goes to the live and both relay commons (2 and 5)
The switched lives go to their respective N/O relay terminals (3 for CH and 6 for DHW)
The two wires from the thermostat (unless connecting wirelessly) go to T1 and T2 and are not polarity sensitive.

Then you carry out the usual electrical tests before turning it back on.

Reply to Installing Nest 3 in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi folks, I'd like to get my Nest thermostat up and running with the gas combi boiler (Worcester Greenstar HIghflow 440 Standalone). FYI - I...
Replies
Views
I am trying to find a replacement programmable thermostat to retrofit onto an existing installation, as the existing one has got a blank screen...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Do you know if I can install a Nest E with the heat link in the airing cupboard as opposed to the room stat position? System is a S plan...
Replies
Views
I hope someone can help with this as I'm stumped. My landing hallway ceiling (2016-build house) has two rose pendants which I've attempted to...
Replies
Views
Trying to install a Lutron Toggle/Dimmer (TGCL-153PR) Confused, as the current switch has 3 wires gong to it Black, White, and Red (there is also...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock