Discuss installing new socket (insulated stud wall) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
hi evryone

wondered if someone could advise on the best way to install a new socket in to a exisitng insulated stud wall. the ring final is protected via 32A MCB and wired in 2.5mm t+e. my problem is that i am unable to clip the new wiring to the stud work as per ref method 102 . is this possible to acheive ? am i missing an easy solution?

many thanks

If you can get the cable in the wall ok and it is just a clipping/supporting issue - then you can cable tie the 2.5mm² to a catenary wire and secure that at either end :)

It is the position of the cable(s) in its containment or the fabric of the building that affects its installation method not how it is held there that is important in my opinion. So agree with your post #6 - hope that helps:)

Reply to installing new socket (insulated stud wall) in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I'm planning to remove a stud wall seperating my dining room and kitchen. On the dining room side of the stud wall, there is a double...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I‘ll be building an insulated stud wall in front of a single skin brick wall (garage on the other side). There will be 2 couple mains...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my electrician has...
Replies
Views
Please advise what I should test / check next. My usual qualified electrician who did all of the work here is in Ireland for 4 weeks and not...
Replies
Views
Hi My 4 bed 2 storey house was extended 2 years ago and completely re-wired, but I am having to upgrade the insulation and board out the loft...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock