• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Installing Ring Doorbell Pro Using Plug in Transformer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

KAS

-
Reaction score
Hi, I am asking for any advice on installing the ring doorbell pro. I am interested in installing it using a plug in transformer , as I have no existing hardwired doorbell and no space in my cu. I was wondering if anyone had installed the ring pro using this method (which you can do) and if so which uk plug in transformer did you use and could you point me in the right direction to purchase one as I am having difficulty finding one. Thank you in advance for any help.

What plug in transformer do you need.. eg. voltage and current.
How does the manual tell you to install it?

Hi, I am asking for any advice on installing the ring doorbell pro. I am interested in installing it using a plug in transformer , as I have no existing hardwired doorbell and no space in my cu. I was wondering if anyone had installed the ring pro using this method (which you can do) and if so which uk plug in transformer did you use and could you point me in the right direction to purchase one as I am having difficulty finding one. Thank you in advance for any help.
Think the pro includes transformer

Think the pro includes transformer
Hi, thanks for replying. Yes it does but as I explained above it is for use in CU. I have no space in my CU for it, hence I am going to use a plug in transformer 24v AC 1.5 AMP, its just trying to find if anyone knows where I can buy in the UK and if anyone has used a plug in transformer to power their ring pro.

What plug in transformer do you need.. eg. voltage and current.
How does the manual tell you to install it?
I can use one the same as a Dantech DA652, but I am finding it very difficult to source one. I was hoping that maybe someone in the forum may know of one similar that I could buy and where from in the UK. The DA652 is 24V AC 1.5A

Yes it does but as I explained above it is for use in CU.
You could pop it in a small DIN enclosure, screw it to the wall and connect up a flying lead with a plug on the end.
Installing Ring Doorbell Pro Using Plug in Transformer {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

Where the flexible cable (cord) enters the enclosure it should be suitably restrained to prevent stress on terminations. Stick with the item Spoon suggested you are getting from Amazon.

Be interesting to see how you would use cable ties at that enclosure as the entire cover comes off leaving the base.

Reply to Installing Ring Doorbell Pro Using Plug in Transformer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back