Discuss Installing Ring Doorbell Pro Using Plug in Transformer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Installing Ring Doorbell Pro Using Plug in Transformer {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

or you could just fit something like......

Installing Ring Doorbell Pro Using Plug in Transformer {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

or you could just fit something like......

But where is the fun in that.... when you can stick an item costing between £85 to £400 on your door... So someone can smash it off and take it..

Thanks for your reply. Are you saying the Dantech wouldnt work then? I have no fusebox experience.

Is the one I linked to on Amazon the one you are getting?
If so then I would go with the transformer I linked in post #25 as it is the same one that is in the manual..

Is the one I linked to on Amazon the one you are getting?
If so then I would go with the transformer I linked in post #25 as it is the same one that is in the manual..

Many thanks Spoon, I'm sorry I didnt fully contemplate your post 25 as I had trouble with the links at first. Firstly, do you have a link to the review? I can't find an Amazon review for the same bell and any way I got it a lot cheaper than the Ebay one and it keeps connected to my wifi outside the door were a more expensive Proxima doorbell I tried and returned about 6 weeks ago kept disconnecting.
In regards to my coment about not having fusebox experience, this was because the Amazon picture has the transformer fixed into a fusebox. However, I now think the transformer can be wired to a spur from a mains socket. The transformer is to be fixed to a lath and plaster wall, so I need to consider if fixing directly to this wall is OK and can I make a wooden enclosure or what enclosures maybe suitable. Would be greatful for suggestions and again, thanks.

I wired it all to a fused plug to test it before installation. The bell doesnt power on though power is going with as it checked with a tester.

So you have the bell now. What does the manual say about the power.
The link you supplied for the bell just shows batteries.
You said the bell required 8-12V. The transformer I suggested was pinched from a manual of Amazon. I will see if I can find it again.

Thanks for your reply. The manaul is actually crap in regards to the AC power, it just says AC 8V-24V (the description on the sales page says 8V-12V as you can see) and directs to the screw holes on the alarm.
I have tried the 8V, 12V then the 24V settings and none work.

In your post #24, where you put the link to the item in ebay, I can't see anywhere where it states the voltage. It just shows batteries.
I'm still trying to find the one I was on Amazon, where I got the transformer from.
Have you tried contacting the seller on ebay and asking them how to wire it?

Might be worth getting the batteries and trying the bell with them. They might have sent you a faulty bell.

Reply to Installing Ring Doorbell Pro Using Plug in Transformer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock