Discuss Insulated tweezers any recommendations? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I think you might find that tweezers are not man enough to get past standard UK wiring and so long as the cables are insulated as they should be and the consumer unit is off then a pair of fine point pliers is the best solution, or failing that gripping them with a sprung hook probe is my other choice, rigid and not likely to let go when pushing.

Insulated tweezers any recommendations? A7ED0968-6333-401B-B52C-036460733DF5 - EletriciansForums.net VDE long nose pliers are about the best I’ve used, I do use a hook at times but it’s not VDE!
I bought some Knipex insulated long nose pliers but they don’t have strength and grip that you sometimes need so that not used much (see above)

Insulated tweezers any recommendations? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net

and a pair of marigolds.

Insulated tweezers any recommendations? ima - EletriciansForums.net I know the main switch is on, I will isolate and go through the lock off procedure before going into the board. It's the cream wire I want to disconnect from the earth bar located underneath all those cables. What do are your opinions on the board itself?

Badly painted MG board.
Is the front cover completely black?

Is that the pot of paint in the bottom right of the board?

Heck of a lot of copper showing on the neutral incomer.

I’ve also got a pair of the knipex plastic pliers- good bit of kit to have,
I frightened myself into buying them when I blew the end off a pair of pliers on a 100A supply.
I now use the plastic pliers and wear goggles in live DBs!

I’ve also got a pair of the knipex plastic pliers- good bit of kit to have,
I frightened myself into buying them when I blew the end off a pair of pliers on a 100A supply.
I now use the plastic pliers and wear goggles in live DBs!
Shouldn't be working in live DBs Mate??!!

I think most of us have worked on a live board, sometimes you have no choice. EG fault finding, can't switch all the circuits off when conducting an IR test on dead circuit.

Reply to Insulated tweezers any recommendations? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock