Discuss Insulation Resistance 500v if testing between E with L and N connected??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

Danielwareham

My multimeters lowest IR setting is 500v so if I test between earth and L and N connect together could I still damage selv/pelv equipment?

Thanks

Are you 100% certain that there is no option to change the test voltage on the 1651?
I thought it could test at 50V, 100V, 250V, 500V and 1000V?
To change voltages, don't you just have to toggle theF4 button?

Are you 100% certain that there is no option to change the test voltage on the 1651?
I thought it could test at 50V, 100V, 250V, 500V and 1000V?
To change voltages, don't you just have to toggle theF4 button?

Used the 1653b at work for quite a while. As you say F4 toggles insulation test voltage (50, 100, 250, 500, or 1,000V).

Reply to Insulation Resistance 500v if testing between E with L and N connected??? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello all, I hope you're all keeping well. I have a question regarding insulation resistance testing. Whether doing a single circuit IR test or...
Replies
Views
Slightly strange one this, replaced a few socket fronts in a dining room today, all wiring original but new plasterboard on a studded wall. Its a...
Replies
Views
Hi all , after some opinions on N-E fault or ring main. After chasing this fault and ruining my bank holiday weekend , ring main IR readings as...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would love some help understanding an issue I’m having on a 16mm SWA cable running from the CU in my house to the CU in the shed. I believe...
Replies
Views
Downstairs lighting is tripping rcd. Circuit has 4 chandeliers with multiple bulbs and led downlights in the bathroom. Can I just test IR on...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock