Discuss Insulation Resistance Testing - Gremlins! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

1shortcircuit

How close have you come to losing the plot on site? lol

I'm normally quite laid back when it comes to working my way through the faults that I have come across in my limited testing time. Today though? Oh my flipping ruddy bollards!!!

I quite easily could have lost it completely ha ha

Anyway, I did find the FAULTS and rectified them, One was a section of cable joined with crimps and the other two were due to faulty sockets, one of which was brand new?

Would anyone else mind sharing with me what Gremlins they may have found on installations in the past, whether it be a new installation or an existing installation.

PS Sooooooooo glad today is over :D

Kind Regards

1SC

Great when you get multiple faults on the same circuit. You find the first one and think that’s it, happy now, nnoooo! Start again and eventually find the second, happy again, NOT! And on it goes.
I know where you’re coming from!
View attachment 8036

When I was an apprentice (many moons ago) we were sent to test an empty house ( worked for the local council) We TILL we started trying to unscrew sockets ( old mk surface ones similar to MK Surface Mounted Switched Single Socket White 13A, 2959RPWHI)

they wouldnt unscrew so sacrificed one socket by smashing it and found it FULL of cataloy and even worse when we removed the socket from the wall there was the bacofoil stuck to the wall ( the old style sockets didnt have backbox ) started taking light switches off n found the same full of cataloy HE had filled everything with cataloy Switches Sockets Lightfittings even the immerser cover had been taken off n filled with cataloy ended up having to rewire the house
the tenant was commited to the state hospital for "Treatment"

Reply to Insulation Resistance Testing - Gremlins! in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock