Discuss Insurance inspection following fire in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello guys

a surveying company has requested and EICR be carried out on a house following a fire which has been isolated to the bathroom or so it appears.

The aim of the inspection is to develop a scope of works that will bring the house back up to a safe and fit for purpose standard, my recommendations will then go out for tender to firm up a price for the repairs .

My thinking so far is just dead tests and work out what can be salvaged and list the electrical works required, has anyone done a similar EICR with any advice.

if you diss. the damaged area/s then you can perform live testing on the part/s of the installation unaffected by the fire. dead test the dissed section/s and complete your EICR with recommendations as to what needs to be replaced.

Reply to Insurance inspection following fire in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, I posted here some time ago asking for validation of a quote I received for a rewire. (10k assumed 60 points) And got some good advice so...
Replies
Views
Here we go again, another job that has had a council inspection, different council to last time but still perplexing. The problem with these jobs...
Replies
Views
Recently visited a new build to do a very minor job and spotted a few dodgy looking items so Client asked me to do an EICR. Following items I...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've gotten AI to write up a terms and conditions for my company and then went through it with AI and tweaked it to make it sound a...
Replies
Views
Hello all, First of all I apologise if this is in the wrong forum, I figured the general forum may be the best bet :) Thank you for taking...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock