Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Insurance inspection following fire in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. chris day

chris day Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    Chris peter
    Hello guys

a surveying company has requested and EICR be carried out on a house following a fire which has been isolated to the bathroom or so it appears.

The aim of the inspection is to develop a scope of works that will bring the house back up to a safe and fit for purpose standard, my recommendations will then go out for tender to firm up a price for the repairs .

My thinking so far is just dead tests and work out what can be salvaged and list the electrical works required, has anyone done a similar EICR with any advice.

2. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    if you diss. the damaged area/s then you can perform live testing on the part/s of the installation unaffected by the fire. dead test the dissed section/s and complete your EICR with recommendations as to what needs to be replaced.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Devonchris

Devonchris Regular EF Member

Business Name:
    O
    As well as the actual fire damage there could be water damage anywhere, particularly below the fire. Those fire fighters like to give it a good soaking.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    Hi - I would add in - Identify cables in the area affected by fire, heat, smoke, water and firepersons. Visual inspection for damage and usual testing. IMHO high temps may adversely affect the cable insulation longer term, so I'd be inclined to replace them even if they test ok now.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1