Discuss Integrated fridge freezer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone. First time here. Wondering if I could pick your collective brains. Our integrated fridge freezer has stopped working. No light, no nothing. & it's just been filled so this is bad timing. The circuit breaker didn't trip. I actually don't know how long it's been off for. We have a grid switch assembly but, as it's integrated, I have no access to any plug socket. I'm assuming it's plugged in at the back. Am I right? So, my first instinct was to check the fuse & the socket but I can't without pulling the kitchen cabinets apart. Am I missing something?

Have you checked the cupboards next to the fridge freezer for sockets? Sometimes the sockets are installed inside the cupboard next to the appliance.

Or is the fridge freezer fed from a fcu above worktop. With it been an integrated fridge freezer if the socket is behind it then should be plugged into a unswitched socket which is fed from the fcu

If there is no socket in a adjacent cupboard,it may be on the floor,try removing the plinth and having a look underneath
If its not there,it has to be at the rear of the appliance
Has your grid assembly a fuse module for that appliance?
If it has there may be no socket outlet for you to find

There can also be a problem with the grid switch itself, or its connections
If you are capable,switch off the main board and open the grid to have a look for any visible problem

Thanks guys. KEV 1 N: It's not easy to get the plinth front off, nothing's easy in this place, but it can be done. Should have thought of that. Thanks. Lip.82 There's a grid switch assembly with an on/off for the fridge as well as the cooker hood, washing machine & dishwasher. This is on the opposite wall from where the fridge is situated. Do these switches have fuses in them? I've never worked with one.

If there is no socket in a adjacent cupboard,it may be on the floor,try removing the plinth and having a look underneath
If its not there,it has to be at the rear of the appliance
Has your grid assembly a fuse module for that appliance?
If it has there may be no socket outlet for you to find

There can also be a problem with the grid switch itself, or its connections
If you are capable,switch off the main board and open the grid to have a look for any visible problem
Thanks Des. I'm happy to have a look at the grid but I'm not sure how to get the switch out. Will go have a poke.

my money's on a failed grid switch. seen several bridged out due to failure.

Thanks for your input guys. It's working now tho I'm not entirely sure why. There was a bit of a loose connection in the grid switch but I wouldn't have thought it was enough to stop it & the whole assembly looked sound to me. I can confirm though that the only way to test the plug & socket would be to remove the entire fridge freezer from its unit. Not particularly convenient.

Might not be a socket behind fridge at all if there's a grid switch that has a fuse at it it could be hard wired...I agree grid switch prob at fault

Might not be a socket behind fridge at all if there's a grid switch that has a fuse at it it could be hard wired...I agree grid switch prob at fault

Reply to Integrated fridge freezer in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net