Discuss Intermediate switch first in 3 way? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

AP636.JPG

Could you swap the current 4 gang metal back box for one of these and put the single intermediate on one side and a triple gang switch plate on the other?

Might have the advantage to the client that the 3-way switch is separate to the others and thus obvious.

There is a similar dry-lining box:

MTMDLB3.JPG

AP636.JPG

Could you swap the current 4 gang metal back box for one of these and put the single intermediate on one side and a triple gang switch plate on the other?

Might have the advantage to the client that the 3-way switch is separate to the others and thus obvious.

MTMDLB3.JPG
IMO in practice, it looks s....t. sorry.

AP636.JPG

used these many times.

MTMDLB3.JPG
Used these many times.

Click mode ordered - back there friday to fit.
Capra, Nice to get a response on what you have decided to do. So often folk do not post back to say what they have done or the outcome or the usefulness or not of some advice that's been offered. :)

In a social network of knowledge such feedback is how participants learn from others.

(In one of my previous lives I worked in a team to promote knowledge sharing and information/advice seeking behaviour through networked computer systems. A finding from research we did was that feedback to those that contributed, encouraged and rewarded them and helped to stimulate and reinforce the behaviours we wanted. Most folk said they were eager to know about outcomes. Those that did provide feedback found others were more ready to help them on the next occasion. )

So.. we've dropped a clanger.

3 way switching for large Hallway.
Switch wire drops to 1 gang switch(2way), then 3-core to 4-gang switch, then 3-core to 1-gang(2way). This means our 2nd switch isn't an intermediate - but a 2-way.
(Not aware of anyone who makes a 4-gang switch with an intermediate module - which would sort this straight away)

Just wondering if anyone has an ideas of how we can get this to function - other than removing a module from an intermediate and getting it to work in our 4-gang.

Is there any method in which the intermediate switch can used as the first switch in the group? I can't think of one... but i know there's some clever folks on here.........

Buy a grid system switch plate and slot in your exact requirements with the various switch modules

I put a 3G switch on a job on Thursday, left is bathroom lights, right is bedroom lights and middle is an intermediate fit the hall 3 way.

Click Mode range have interchangeable modules.

Reply to Intermediate switch first in 3 way? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net