Discuss Introduction and Safety protection socket in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Bruno

-
Reaction score
Hi i am from Mauritius and I am really happy to be here. I think will learned a lot from all you my friends. I want to make a safety socket with RCD for my workbench, so that i can connect the apparatus under repair to the socket and if something goes wrong the rcd connected to socket will trip and not the RCD for the whole house. For the RCD i will buy one 30mA, 25 A, please let me know what other things i have to purchase also. thanks

Hi i am from Mauritius and I am really happy to be here. I think will learned a lot from all you my friends. I want to make a safety socket with RCD for my workbench, so that i can connect the apparatus under repair to the socket and if something goes wrong the rcd connected to socket will trip and not the RCD for the whole house. For the RCD i will buy one 30mA, 25 A, please let me know what other things i have to purchase also. thanks
What type of Consumers Unit (fuse board) do you have installed at present?

If the consumer unit in your house has an RCD t may well already be rated at 30mA so there will be no discrimination between it and the RDC socket at the work bench.
You could look at electrical separation as a safety measure. Then if you had a faulty appliance and the case became live and you touched it there would be no potential difference to Earth.
Something like this
Carroll & Meynell ISOLATION TRANSFORMER 750VA 230/230V - https://www.superlecdirect.com/p-cm750230-carroll-and-meynell-isolation-transformer-750va-230230v/

i already have the rcd. will put rcd, breakers isolator in a DBB

As @Wes1000 has mentioned in post #2. If the rcd you have is 30mA & the house consumer unit RCD is 30mA then if there is a fault it may still take out the consumer unit RCD.

Reply to Introduction and Safety protection socket in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net