Discuss Introduction: Old, not obsolete in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm a capable electrical DIY'er with decades of professional experience in Broadcast and Communications Engineering. In the course of my duties I have had reason to design and install simple electrical distribution systems but profess only a rudimentary knowledge of domestic electrical systems and other electrical contracting.
Supplementary to my formal education and training both as an apprentice from school at Marconi Communication Systems Ltd and latterly at HND level, in the early '90's I attended evening classes and passed C&G 236 Pt 1 and completed the 16th Edition IEEE regs. Work priorities meant I never returned to complete Pt 2, but the knowledge I gained has served me well both professionally and domestically. Hey, I can wire a light and it switches on as well as off!
I hope to use the forum for advice occasionally.
Thanks in Advance

Hi All,
I'm a capable electrical DIY'er with decades of professional experience in Broadcast and Communications Engineering. In the course of my duties I have had reason to design and install simple electrical distribution systems but profess only a rudimentary knowledge of domestic electrical systems and other electrical contracting.
Supplementary to my formal education and training both as an apprentice from school at Marconi Communication Systems Ltd and latterly at HND level, in the early '90's I attended evening classes and passed C&G 236 Pt 1 and completed the 16th Edition IEEE regs. Work priorities meant I never returned to complete Pt 2, but the knowledge I gained has served me well both professionally and domestically. Hey, I can wire a light and it switches on as well as off!
I hope to use the forum for advice occasionally.
Thanks in Advance
Welcome Robert

Hi Rob, welcome along.

Reply to Introduction: Old, not obsolete in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net