Discuss intruder alarm installer in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

I

in got a clue

Hi so iv been thinking of starting of working for myself as an alarm installer but unsure where to start iv worked for an electrical company for over 6 years now, my qualifications are PEO (7582) level 2 C&G 2330 level 2 and 3,my questions are i have no idea where to start, would i have to register with a company of some sort?? are there any other qualifications i would need, i know ill need things like insurance and reg my company with IR iv looked about and there int really anything out there saying what you need so any help would be grate thanks all

if you are going to be doing just audible alarms on domestic and small commercial, then as long as you are competent, just crack on.

if you are going to be doing just audible alarms on domestic and small commercial, then as long as you are competent, just crack on.

what if i would like to introduce systems like red care or auto dialer for the customer and some smoke alarms in with the intruder system and all so the spur for the alarm hub??

if you want monitored systems redcare and police response you need to be nacoss. not required for autodiallers that phone the owners of the premises.

ok sounds good what about when people ask me if thay can register with their insurance company would i have to with nacoss as well?

that's a load of crap. registerng alarm with insurers.. what happens is that the insurers give a small discount, but if , say, you pop next door and don't setr the alarm, then get broken into, insurers refuse to pay out because you didn;t set the alarm.

So would i be right in saying that i can go out and install intruder alarms then when iv built up a small [FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]client base, then after a while i can register with a company like [/FONT] nacoss nsi or SSAIB, but if i was to install fire sensors into the system would this require other certification like when you install hard wired smoke alarm??

no, you can add smokes to the intruder alarm, but they;re not mains powered so i would not rely on them if you were doing a rewire with interlinked smokes.

no, you can add smokes to the intruder alarm, but they;re not mains powered so i would not rely on them if you were doing a rewire with interlinked smokes.

i would never put hard wired smokes over alarm smokes as you said there not mains powered just asking that's all, another thing is most smoke alarms that are wired into a alarm system can take the 12v from the panel so in a way that are getting a sort of mains power, also remembering that all alarm panels have at least a 24hr battery backup as well as the battery in the smoke alarm

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to intruder alarm installer in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net