Discuss intruder alarm problems in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Hi
I have been doing my first intruder alarm its a honywell accenta gen4 mini. I am only using 2x pir sensors 1 panic alarm, 1 key pad, and 1 sounder. The first pir is above the entry/exit door so I am not using any door contacts. once I set the system the pir's are picking up movement but not soundin the alarm. I think its the programing that I have wrong but dont know what to set any tips ?

When you say not sounding the alarm - can you see the LED on the PIR light up and not starting the entry/exit tone?

Might be worthwhile to perform a walk test (if not done already) to confirm the zones are going active/healthy.

Yes the led's light up during movement. Once on exit I arm the system I get the exit tone then key pad says system set but when I walk about to test the system nothing happens no alarm to alert that there is a break in. The sounder/alarm works tested it with test function. On the pirs I hae used the two connections marked relay and wired in series with other pir, there are another two that say end of line + & - that are unused.

There will be another set of terminals labelled up as "tamper" on the PIR itself, just wondering whether the EOL terminals are your alarm contacts - therefore the alarm wouldn't activate until you removed the PIR lids...

Sounds like either that or they may be programmed off of the system as you say, the Panic Button test ok?

It possible to put both PIR's on their own zone back at the panel? If left in series if someone was to break in they'd have the full entry time to fill their boots and could be half way down the road before the sounder goes off!

Last edited:
Have you linked out your pirs tamper switch to every pir in the panel? Have you looped linked the empty pir slots in the panel?

Yeah I have linked out the tamper controls. I have not linked out the remaining free zones in the panel. In thought I may be able to somehow only select the two zones that I am using and turn the other 6 off.

There will be another set of terminals labelled up as "tamper" on the PIR itself, just wondering whether the EOL terminals are your alarm contacts - therefore the alarm wouldn't activate until you removed the PIR lids...

Sounds like either that or they may be programmed off of the system as you say, the Panic Button test ok?

It possible to put both PIR's on their own zone back at the panel? If left in series if someone was to break in they'd have the full entry time to fill their boots and could be half way down the road before the sounder goes off!

Sorry I have the tamper circuit wired in series but have it linked out just now. The sensors are wired back to the panelindividually in two separate zones. The panic button works fine, I am starting to think it may be the eon contacts in the pir I need to use and not the ones make relay.

Generally, it's not good practice to use pir's as final exit devices, much better to use contacts.
That said, check you have programmed final exit, walk through and intruder correctly, as well as ensuring there is no bells delay programmed.

Its funny that you can set the alarm system at all. Usually you need to link out the empty zones on the honywell accenta gen4.

There is no program setting to make a zone unused, it must be linked out

There is a setting that you go into called used zones, all I done was set zones 1 to 3 as yes to be used and 4 to 8 as no unused. No links required.

unused zones is part of the Part Set program, It turns off zones when the system is part set.
In Full Set, all zones are active

Last edited:
No tazz i think your thinking of a different alarm. There is no full set or part set. You arm the zones you like. There are 3 programmes. You definitely don't link out the unused zones

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Reply to intruder alarm problems in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock