Discuss Inverter and Battery Combo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mr.Si

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time.

I was wondering if anyone on here knows of any combo unit that is an inverter from 12v - 230v that is rated at 600W continuous BUT has a battery attached as part of it.

I suspect such a thing doesn't exist at this rating having done some searching already as you'd need a battery with around 55Ah if it's to be able to work for an hour at that power draw and you'd then be in to a heavy weight unit, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers,
Simon

Hi all,

Long time.

I was wondering if anyone on here knows of any combo unit that is an inverter from 12v - 230v that is rated at 600W continuous BUT has a battery attached as part of it.

I suspect such a thing doesn't exist at this rating having done some searching already as you'd need a battery with around 55Ah if it's to be able to work for an hour at that power draw and you'd then be in to a heavy weight unit, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Cheers,
Simon
i think you can get them mate after all a ups bassically contains an inverter (12v battery inside)

You can get 3kW ones, that I do know, as tour busses have loads of them in!

- edit -

Just re-read your OP - you mean as in 'one box' with it all in? Hmmm.....that might be a stretch! A UPS unit of that size normally only powers for so long whilst the software shuts the servers off cleanly etc, not an indefinite power source.

What's the reason / application for needing a combo unit?

Reply to Inverter and Battery Combo in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, So I purchased a Novopal 2000w/4000w(Peak) Pure Sine Wave Inverter DC 12V to 110V/120V. I purchased this so I can hook it up directly to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new here and looking at this True Sine Wave Power Inverter from AliExpress, but I have never seen any inverter without a transformer? How...
Replies
Views
I have a client on a Superdeal tariff from SSE, the Superdeal Meter has 3 sets of tails coming out of it feeding 3 DBs: (i) DB1 - the main board...
Replies
Views
I live in the Philippines where the power is bad, we have constant outages and when it does work the voltage ranges from 160-255v and the hz...
Replies
Views
I thought I had an understanding of how to size an inverter but I think I have become slightly confused after taking to some proposed installers...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock