Discuss inverter in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

cliffed

-
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Any tips about putting in an inverter for a 3 p motor,client wants high & low speed,controlled by air sensor relay.
Just wondering who actually commissions & sets all the parameters etc.

Is the air sensor relay just a switch or is it giving an analogue feedback?

Either way it's pretty straight forward.

Most inverters have digital inputs and you can programme these for preset speeds, so if your air sensor is just a digital switch, it can switch an input which will select a preset speed.

If it's analogue, you can set min and max speeds and it will vary in between those set points.

We build control panels at our company, inbox me for more info.

Thanks,yes it's a relay closes when oxygen levels are down.
Woul you put overloads in to protect motor,all will this be incorporated with inverter.

Any tips about putting in an inverter for a 3 p motor,client wants high & low speed,controlled by air sensor relay.
Just wondering who actually commissions & sets all the parameters etc.

Inverters are generally pretty straight forward to install.

Make sure you follow the manufacturers instructions for the power and control install of the electrical wiring.

Also make sure you set up the motor details onto the drive so knows what type of motor it is.

If it is only has 2 set speeds there will be 2 inputs into the inverter that you can programme usually preset speeds.

If it is a little more technical like analogue input or 0-10v reference there are different ways to do it really.

Best of luck

Thanks,yes it's a relay closes when oxygen levels are down.
Woul you put overloads in to protect motor,all will this be incorporated with inverter.

You can set an overload value on the inverter. This will protect the equipment in the case of overcurrent and fault conditions.

Cheers,not keen on sy but easier to install & ideal for this kind of job.
It's when you see it being used instead of swa,& on sites for temps.

I have never had any problems with using Swa but I always get a few comments that using SY is better?

What's your views Andy?

SWA is fine, but a couple of other things that must be taken into consideration is:
1.The length of cable between the VSD and the motor. This depends on the make and model of the inverter but I have come across some where is can be as little as 15 metres.
2. The size of the motor, as a rule of thumb, motors over 75kW must have insulated bearings fitted.

Reply to inverter in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net