Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss IP cctv system price comparison in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Simon1979

Simon1979 EF Member

Hello to all

Just wondering if anyone can reccomend a brand/ supplier of IP cctv gear? Obvious choice is hikvision but I see some online retailers offer similar looking kit perhaps re branded.

Have been trying to price compare online but nearly all want to create a new account which seems like a faff.

Thanks

Si

2. LankyWill

LankyWill Electrician's Arms

Most of the re branded hikvision systems are loaded with a more basic user interface. They also need manually configuring and don't offer much in the way of user definition. I'd be more inclined to pay a bit more for a better and easier to program product. Go Hikvision and ave yourself a lot of messing about.

3. Simon1979

Simon1979 EF Member

Thanks. It's got to be the smart move.

Would you know if something I've read is correct in that PIR flood lights need to be mounted below the camera positions?