Discuss IPAF GLASGOW - GROUP DISCOUNT- Asked and can get discount in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello everybody, I have been looking at getting some more tickets under the old belt and got an idea into my head that I wondered if a group of us were to get together and book different short (day) courses would we get a discount.....I went in and asked if there would be a better rate like the ones big companies get if a number of people clubbed together and booked an IPAF scissor lift course, the fellow behind the counter phoned it in and came back that there would be a discount....

when I asked, it went down to £210.00 incl vat each on the basis that there would be as I said "possibly a few of us, ie 2 or 3" but from what I gather it will keep going down if there are more on the same day...
After finding that out, I am now going to ask about other tickets in all kind of different places...

The IPAF Scissor lift course I am trying to get a group together for is in Glasgow Scotland at HSS Hire, I am hoping that I can get a list of names together then we can all pay HSS ourselves separately (I am having nothing to do with other peoples money) and then we would just turn up at the same time and do the days training to get our cards (costing us all less) anybody that might be interested please say on this thread (don't put your real name on here) and once I get us up to 6 or 7 people I will get back to them again on price and let you all know on here, after that what I was thinking I could do is get a list of real names and mobile numbers via PM on here and then take that to HSS when I go in to book and pay for my ipaf day, others could phone in, say name on list, pay over the phone or however suits and get another ticket sorted/in hand.....

If you stay a long distance away, you could stay in Glasgow overnight, if I need to I can organise very cheap B&B in the city centre as I have a friend who is the general manager at a hotel, it is a 2 minute drive from the HSS or a 15 minute walk...right next to central train station where the west coast main line goes...

Anybody interested let me know, and I will also try to see if I can get groups together at different Cities in the UK....I am sure that somebody else on here can help me to organise this as well, was thinking about sticking to HSS for the time being then see what discounts we can get in block bookings...at whatever one is nearest to where you are...

as said if interested just pop a note on screen

cheers

grantr37

Sounds a great idea. It's good to have other things under your belt. I'm from Glasgow area too but already have a scissor lift licence as well as another 3 types of genie lifts. Also got PASMA, electric & gas CB, electric & gas Bendi & Stiebig licences. I'll keep watching the thread & see what other interests come up.

there's a ladder access course advertised in Glasgow HSS, and health and safety ones running in Edinburgh, but I think they can do them in Glasgow as well...

Anybody else interested in IPAF in Glasgow?

if in another city and interested, tell us on here as well and we can try to get other groups together ...

Reply to IPAF GLASGOW - GROUP DISCOUNT- Asked and can get discount in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net