Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss IPAF Training - Advice in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

2. Rpa07

Rpa07 3000 posts - only 50554 behind Telectrix! Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    All the IPAF ticket does is give you an extra arrow in your quiver to getting a job. That said, a future employer will want to have an all round employee. If you can stump up the cash, it’s a rewarding day and you get to meet people and go high up in the air.
    My site overlooked the new building of the Bristol City ground so in the basket of a cherry picker gave good views, expensive views but views all the same.

• Like Like x 1
  3. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    ipaf, ipismsma, press a button it goes up.press a different button,it goes down.all this crap.soon there will be a £240 course to teach is to pick our noses. wiill this be a PIKMA

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

Couldn’t agree more, it’s just a way to make money, and for companies not to pay for the training. It’s something else that I now need in order to fill these Electricians Mate jobs.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. cprfenom

cprfenom Regular EF Member

I think you need to see it as a skill that some don't have. It will put you higher up the list.
    Most sites are getting so hot on having the right cards and training to get on site!

6. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

I never said that I don’t see it as a skill. I see it as a way of making money for another qualification. I’m also not working at the moment but I can’t seem to get a Mates job that doesn’t have IPAF now as a requirement. Also even when I find one they don’t respond or then want 2 recent references.

7. chris gray

chris gray Electrician's Arms

• Like Like x 1
  8. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

9. gazdkw82

gazdkw82 Trainee Trainee Access

Did mine just a few weeks ago. Did it with one call training. It's a decent course and good to have an IPAF license under your belt

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rpa07

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    @RDB85@RDB85 Ask them if they have an easy payment scheme for a couple of months. You won’t be the only one short of readies needing IPAF for a job.

11. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    you also could do with getting PASMA.

12. Rpa07

Business Name:
    Ebenezer electrical
    I’d go with IPAF over PASMA in order to get a job though. Lots of builds with indoor hieght access vehicles especially as an electricians mate with agency.
    Perhaps Santa will be good to Him this year (even though Santa doesn’t exist - cover your eyes Buzz!)

13. cprfenom

cprfenom Regular EF Member

The problem is that Pasma is needed just as much on the sites I attend.

Ironically the course is cheaper even though it's more effort!

14. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

We done Pasma on our Level 2. As part of it was to erect a Mobile Scaffold Tower. I will ask the tutors if I need to do a Pasma course.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  15. RDB85

RDB85 Regular EF Member

Could do with more than Santa being good to me. Need a miracle at this rate to get a job.