Discuss IR test on lighting circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

Sparkattack

During a PIR on a domestic dwelling before a cu change i tested IR on the board found 0.28Mohm between L-N. N-E and L-E were 75Mohm and 55Mohm, isolated eached circuit and traced it to the upstairs lighting. Re-tested on this circuit but still low between L-N, double checked all loads had been removed(lamps, switchgear etc). Ran out of time to investigate further, wiring is double insulated singles with L and E incorporated in the same sheath and neutral on its own. Scratching my head trying to think what it could be, need to look at each ceiling rose and pendant i think does anyone have any other suggestions? It could of course be qenuine but im thinking because live and neutral are sepperatly sheathed and not incorporated in the same cable as say twin and earth its making me think it could be something stupid i have missed rather than a breakdown of the insulation on the circuit.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks for your replies guys, non of the above i am affraid aerial booster is plugged into a socket in the loft along with the bathroom fan which are on there own circuit and all outside lighting was disconnected. I think further investigation is required.

Reply to IR test on lighting circuit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In my line of work it's very rare that I ever have to change a DB. I'm largely in maintenance; occasionally have to add new circuits etc. so in...
Replies
Views
I'm practising EICRs on friendly locations as I'm still in training - technically done my 2391-52 but frankly need loads more practise. I've just...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. Hopefully someone can help with a little mystery i had today. The issue is fixed but I want to understand what was going on to help...
Replies
Views
So I’m an apprentice and I’m just trying to get a better understanding of the science behind this because the electricians who have said it have...
Replies
Views
A BG fused connection unit, with neon. A boiler. Fuse out. Spur switched off. I was checking polarity after a colleague had 2nd fixed it and...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock